Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARM257 CE-03

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ARM257 CE-03

ARM257 CE-03

Hi guys,

I have a ARM257 that is throwing CE-03 right after you hit read end when you scan. It's instant, does not even seem to try. Ive hit the P27 with firmware and that did nothing. I can scan to desktop.

In the webpage you can hit connection test on the server and it works. I tried smtp.live.com which is hotmails SMTP and used my personal creditials that i have used on a copier in my own office and it still throws the code.

Any ideas?
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

OMD-227
    Hi Lawrence,

Found this on our support site.
    It may or may not help, but worth a shot.

There are several situations which could cause this error message to be displayed. If Anonymous Access setting is disabled in Exchange System Managers Default SMTP Virtual Server properties page, the copier will not be able to send internal or external mail because the mail server will only accept connections from authenticated clients. In this case, the error code indicated at the scanner will be CE-03. It should be possible to leave this setting as-is and still have the copier send mail through the Exchange system, but this would require the addition of an Active Directory user account and Exchange mailbox.

The Relay Restrictions setting (also found in the Default SMTP Virtual Server properties page) allows us to explicitly grant / deny IP addresses permission to send mail through the Exchange system to recipients outside of the local domain. If the copier has been denied permission to relay through this setting (by selection of "All except the list below" and then entry of the copiers IP address) it will still be able to send mail internally - providing it has not been denied this permission in the "Connection control" tab - but requests for transmission of external mail will be rejected by the Exchange system. Again, the error code which will appear at the copier will be CE-03.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ARM257 CE-03

Did this ever get resolved? I am working on a machine that is having the same problems.

ECPTech

If you are hitting an externl exchange server make sure the ISP allows traffic on port 25. If not you will have to change to another port. Check with the ISP and Email provider on which ports are supported.

ARM257 CE-03

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrandall13 View Post
    Did this ever get resolved? I am working on a machine that is having the same problems.
    This thing was hit and miss. For a while it was working then it went back to CE-03. Customer was ok with scan to desktop so we left it as that. Machine is coming back at the end of the month as the customer is closing their doors. Ill be able to test it on my mail server and router which should tell the tale as i am curious if it was really the machine which i doubt.

I have seen 2 cases however, one on a ARM237 where the ram was bad and it was not allowing scan to desktop. Could not confirm email because the customer was in the country and on dial up. Replacing the ram fixed that however. They were getting a CE code. Ive had a ARM257 that was throwing a F code (I can't remember which) and it was also caused by the ram on the P17/27.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This was a really intermittent problem. It seemed to only do it when they ran a large scan job. I printed off a 22-6 and the machine showed know additional memory. I thought that was odd because i recalled from previous BW models that you have to add memory in order to get the NW scan to work. I came back and checked an ARM317 in our office and printed a 22-6 and it didn't show any additional memory either. I checked the back of the machine on the P27 and it had 256 MB memory installed, but no additional memory on the ICU board. I happened to have an extra 256 MB memory stick in my desk so I went back to the customers office. I checked and the P27 did have a memory stick installed but it was only the stock 128MB. This was the problem. I installed the 256 and scanning worked perfectly. I also added 384 MB to the ICU board for extra kick. What normally took about 30 seconds to scan only took about 5 seconds now.
    I thought that the machine would not even let you scan without the 256 MB but apparently it will work, just not very well.

ARM257 CE-03

ive never tried on the ARM257 but on the ARM237 in custom settings and product key the scan kit option was not there with out the memory installed.

128mb sodimm is that the sales guide says to use when building the machine.

Technician

What I suggest is to configure a test smtp server. Bluebottle Email: POP3, IMAP & Webmail offers a non ssl smtp option for these older machines that do not support ssl. Its about $10 dollars a year. Typically I use this to prove to the customer that it is just a settings issue. most modern smtp servers require ssl which this machine does not support.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The server they are using does not require SSL. It doesn't even require authentication.

patf
    If you're using gmail use port 2525 instead of port 25.