Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar

AR-M207 Blowing Toner, Running Dirty

Hello Everyone,

I have a AR-M207 that continually runs dirty, blowing toner into the main charge corona and into the laser glass. I have replaced the drum and developer according to the maintenance schedule. I have used OEM developer, drums and toner. Currently, I have an OEM drum, developer, and Katun toner.

I have had several of these machines do this and I have never found a reason. I checked SharpNet and discussed this with Sharp. I have checked the DV Bias as suggested, but this was in order.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Tennwalker

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Have you replace the developer seals? MC & LSU is getting toner from the dv unit.

Actually, the upper seal was damaged at one point early on. I have replaced this and checked that the rotation of the magnetic roller does not "flip" the seal inward while being rotated. I have also replaced the sides seals. The blown toner is rather uniform across the bottom of the developer unit. This problem looks like it is simply overtoned.

Thanks for your reply.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TennWalker View Post
    Actually, the upper seal was damaged at one point early on. I have replaced this and checked that the rotation of the magnetic roller does not "flip" the seal inward while being rotated. I have also replaced the sides seals. The blown toner is rather uniform across the bottom of the developer unit. This problem looks like it is simply overtoned.

Thanks for your reply.
    Take a look at the TCS on the bottom of the developer unit, on some of the AR 235, 275, 237, 277 ect, I have ran across a prob, where if you dont clean that sensor off when doing a PM it will give the EE-EL error and could over tone, since on the smaller 207 it's done automaticly when doing a PM after resetting the counters, it could be misreading the toner levels in the DV unit, this could make it over tone.
    Not sure on the AR 207 and all the models like it, but when I do a PM I leave a door open, power up and clear my counters, then hit CA and close a door, on the bigger mach's this is done so you dont over tone, leave a door open, power up, go into sim mode, clear counters, and then go into 25-2, start and then close the door, and start again, as not to over tone.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I have also seen this on the AR-275, etc. models. I have not checked the sensor for buildup that I can recall. I may replace the sensor just for kicks!

Thank you!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TennWalker View Post
    Thanks for the information. I have also seen this on the AR-275, etc. models. I have not checked the sensor for buildup that I can recall. I may replace the sensor just for kicks!

Thank you!
    No need to replace, just take out the 2 screws, dont loose them, they are non-magnetic, and wipe off the little round nub that goes in that hole there, I bet there is a coating on it, re-install it.
    Do this next time you do a PM or a developer change, I now make it a habit to check it when doing PM's

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I only had one case of a Panther consistently overtoning. After replacing the developing unit and various developer drive gears, the solution ended up being the MCU. It's rare, but something to consider. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and input! I will implement your ideas on the next call of this type.

Take care

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The AR207 and ARM207 don't require DV initialization so im assuming they both run off the same principle.

Model Name: AR161, AR205, AR163, AR207, AR150, AR155, AR150N, AR155N, AR151

Symptom: Explanation Of The Toner Concentration Sensor (TCS) Signal At The Main PWB.
    Cause: These machines do not have the typical TCS circuit from the old analogue machines.

Action: The TCS circuit is located inside the toner /developer cartridge and the output signal is simply a digital GOOD – NO GOOD signal.

@power on:
    TCS signal stays HIGH = Toner empty
    TCS signal goes LOW= OK
    During copy cycle:
    TCS signal HIGH = Add toner (toner motor goes on)
    TCS signal LOW = OK (toner motor goes off)
    These signals are the same even with a CRUM chip machine. All the logic

is in the toner/developer cartridge.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...