Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    wow great to know

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar
    Just following the thread. I did not know about this type of jam code and the problems with the print driver.

Thank you for the info!

OMD-227
    The jam code definitely exists, its the in service manual. I'm very surprised you guys haven't had this issue before, or you might have just not seen that particular jam code in the jam log.

It is usually a driver issue, but I have had a few cases where this code would appear, machine would stop/jam only from one particular computer, printing one particular file. On each occasion, printing this 'problem' file to any other printer in the building would work perfectly fine. On running the latest firmware in the engine & latest drivers on the server still wouldn't solve the problem, printing it from my laptop with a crossover cable worked fine, so it can be ruled out that sometimes a PC causes this issue as well. I've always known it has something to do with the windows spooler not fully processing the print job correctly or fully.

Keep an eye out for this jam code. Update the drivers if you see it.

I have seen this code first hand on a 620 made in september of '05. This jam also happened in conjunction with an E7-06 trouble code. The solution was to thoroughly clean the drum holder(process unit), replace all the seals including the little grey sponge ones that rip. Replace the main charge and grid and clean the corona unit. Replace the drum if it's got any wear spots thru to the metal. If high voltage areas are dirty there will be electrical 'noise' and errant trouble codes for sure. Good luck.

OMD-227
    Just been to a call on an MX2300N for TA maintenance. Happened to notice at least 10 of these PPD_PRI jam codes recorded in the jam log. Client said it jams alot when printing one of her Microsoft Publisher documents, but everything else is fine. Found the driver version was quite old. Obviously took care of the TA Maintenance, then updated the drivers on her computers (small, 3 PC network, no server). Tested the problem Publisher document OK.
    This _PRI issue is common here. Its usually a driver upgrade or firmware upgrade fix.

Technician
    Just wanted to post an update. Thanks again Wazza, the machine has been going strong ever since I loaded new drivers. I've let all the other techs here know what to try/do should they see that happening.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ARM550n Getting the PPD_PRI Jam Code

Just my 2 cents:

Microsoft Publisher (especially the older versions) seem to have many driver conflicts, and some very unexpected results. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    I agree with the MS Publisher issues. I had a call at the end of last year, with a small school printing their end-of-year newsletter/school book. They were using Publisher, and they logged a call saying the machine just wouldn't print (Sharp MX4501N). The data light was flashing, and had been doing so for many hours. Traced the problem to the print spooler file being 9.5Gb!!! They has used Publisher to make a page with hundreds of small, very high res pictures into a collage of all the kids. I gave them the option of either waiting until it printed or change over to a different program and print from there. They opted to convert the file into a PDF. Dont know how they did it, but it definitely worked and it was a much more sensible spooling size.

As a test, they left it spooling the Publisher file overnight and it still hadn't printed the first page next morning!

this prob/solution discussion is why we are on here. I'd like to also add my thanx 2 wazza 4 pointing out something thats easy to overlook!!!
    IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL
    THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

OMD-227
    Too easy mate.

I'm still surprised you guys have never seen this before. We use the same drivers here that are used up north.

(maybe the jam logs are simply cleared without taking any notice........)