Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If I were u, I'd pull a pcu rom from a known working machine. Put it in the suspect 455 then see if it acts right. If it does I'd try and do a slot to slot copy on the rom you think may be bad. If u get ng here it's bad. If u don't , swap the chip you copied to back into the machine. See if it operates correctly. If not, replace the chip.

Technician
    It tries to update first then goes NG at end. Both Dip switches were in the down position. I have 6 more of those machines in the same location but don't like taking a part out of a good machine in a customers to try that. If I had a good one in my shop, that's another story. I have a back up in place right now. Being a small company I don't normally stock boards.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    We don't stock boards either. But I do carry spare boot and main roms for the machines I got alot of out in service. I think we have a little over 700 455s in service at the moment lol.

Technician
    No it goes NG after trying to update, after receieving data. Dip switches were in the correct position. Although I have more of these machines in the same location, I won't take out a part from one customers machine to try in another. If I had a machine that worked in my shop, that's another story. Being a small company I can't afford to stock all the boards for all the models I work on. New ROM is on the way.

Technician
    700! That'll keep a few guys busy! I have maybe 20 of them. I love the 355/455's, except maybe this one!

OMD-227
    If you get NG error during firmware upgrade on these machines, its usually because you have the wrong type of firmware file. Eg, ELEM vs Non-ELEM firmware.
    Repn.. what version did you send Nighthawk?
    Nighthawk... On the back of the Flashrom, are there any markings of 'LF' in the bottom corner? If so, you have an ELEM flashrom, and therefore MUST install the ELEM version of the firmware.
    When you download the firmware for the machine, it will extract out into 2 folders. One being ELEM and one being Non-ELEM. Bothare the same firmware version, but are different files to be installed on that particular type of flashrom.

NG during firmware upgrade process is either wrong firmware file type, or you might be doing something wrong.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I sent standard one because he didn't say he needed elem one

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The one from us sharpnet doesn't extract into 2 different types it's just a single file

OMD-227
    We definitely get 2 files on each set.

Refer to recent issue on this ARM455N ROM update NG FPDL-52 error which was solved with correct firmware. Seems you guys in the States are not getting right firmware on your site????

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355N PCU Board replaced Firmware Update NEEDED

I have found that in the U.S. You have to order the ELM flash ROMs. Sharp's tech line gives you a song and dance about the ROMs being locked up and that you have to update them using the connector to connector method on a third Jupiter machine. The are not posting the nonELM firmware on their tech website.