Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician
    Yes they did, and i was hoping for that when I tried after it failed to take the firmware. Once again Wazza I truly appreciate the info. I'll try your suggestions and let you know how I make out. Is it possible that a bad boot or main ROM could have caused my initial problem or possibly could these be caused by a bad mother board or controller board? Are you aware of any particular board prone to failure? PCU board is obviously ruled out at this point. Sure would be nice if they combined the controller, PCU and mother board all on one board AND had a DEPENDABLE board exchange program. Not one where you exchange a bad board for another board with a different problem! I've had that happen a couple times over the years!

OMD-227
    Ive never seen a bad flashrom cause those initial problems you had.

No, there are no known reported issues with those boards here.

Check those settings I mentioned and we'll go from there.

Technician
    Went back again today. Checked the battery jumper and destination. Both were OK. Tried an OEM cartridge still got Improper cartridge code. Didn't really think it would work but gave it a shot anyway. Once again I was at a loss with this machine. Looked at the electrical block diagram and saw the signal from the cartridge chip went to the PCU board (the new one!) so I went and reset every connector on the board hoping one was loose. Still no good. So I then tried putting the original PCU board and wouldn't you know it, it booted up with no error code and seems to be OK now. I'll be checking on it to be sure! So now it only has the 2 ROMs on the controller board and the ROM on the PCU replaced since the original problem. All with the preloaded firmware. Obviously I'm not convinced yet that this problem is truly behind me on this one! Any thoughts or comments are appreciated. As was all the past info! Thanks guys, especially Wazza.

OMD-227
    Nice fix! You're a genius!

Ok, I'm totally lost now. Reading the last post, I would have to say it was an original flashrom/firmware problem. But I've never had it cause those particular issues. Who knows!?!

If its working OK now, I'm confident that it'll be right from now on. Close the job and get outta there!

Technician
    Thank's for the complement but there was more persistance and luck than genius here! Going to stop in to check on that machine today. Yesterday when I left I had them using it for copying and faxing. Left the backup for printing from their network. It's friday here so If it doesn't cause any trouble I'll reconnect to the network on Monday. It's in a customer service department that's open 24/7 and can't afford it to go down. Don't want MY weekend ruined with work! I got a bike event out of town!

Dear wazza,

i have 3 arm450n and have the same problem of pcu board. Do you have a firmware for this model and can u give me procedure for upgrade it.

Regards
    texasy