Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OMD-227
    Thanks Travi. Thats very interesting. If anyone wants any firmware, let me know. I sent the current version to Bil, and fixed it up straight away. That version was not available in the US, but freely available here.

Technician
    Should be receiving the PCU ROM today. I received the same firmware now from two sources. Here and from my usual sharp connection. They are the same. only one set of files. Should get to give it another try later today. Will keep you guys posted on how it turns out. Thanks for the help guys!

Technician
    Well once again I'm perplexed on what the problem is here. After replacing the ROM on the PCU. I can't get it to download the firmware. The only thing I haven't tried which may cause this problem (according to the inadequite manual!) are the controller boot ROM and scanner ROM on the controller PWB. At this point I'm going to order those 2 ROMs. This way theres a whole new set in. There is a board check function that check a few things. On one of the checks it comes up NG Dani 44. Also what does FLBO mean? It comes up with the NG after writing data. I can't find anything about them in the manual at all!!! Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

OMD-227
    Does the flashroms you are using, have the letters 'LF' on the back, in the lower corner? This is very important. The particular file type of firmware you need to send depends on this.

NG during firmware upgrades is most likely caused by wrong firmware type (correct version), for the flashrom in use.

Technician
    Wazza you might be right on the firmware . There is an LF on the back of the Flash ROM for the PCU. I'm looking at it now. I'd be willing to try the firmware you have. I would appreciate it. The firmware I have is the only thing available here.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I have one 455 that will never flash. Don't know why but it works properly so we leave it alone. Since it won't flash we copy the rom from another 455 we did update using the slot to slot method. Then we swap em into the machine that won't flash and it works fine with the new roms prepared in the other machine. That's what I would do.

Technician
    I like the idea. I read the update procedure writing the slot to slot method. But I gotta admit I hate to involve the use of another machine. The risk of having something happen to a perfectly functioning machine worries me. I'd hate to have two problems! If I had a spare machine in my shop it would be different. I'm more inclined to try a pair of new ROMs and try again first. After that, if it doesn't work I'll have to try that next. I do like the thinking out of the box on that one! Does FLBO or Dani 44 ring any bells???

OMD-227
    LF on the back means you have ELEM flashrom. You would have been given NON-ELEM firmware version. The file should say ELEM in the file name. If it doesn't say it, I'll send you through the correct version (which is freely available here). I'll send through Dropsend site now.

Technician
    Got back over to this machine today. Installed 2 new flash ROMs on the controller board. Set the dip switches down to the write position and could not get the machine to download the firmware. Would immediately come up data error. Could not get it to go to "waiting for data". Tried numerous times with both sets of firmware. Then I tried resetting the dip switches to normal mode and powered it up. Dam machine actually booted up but came up with a U2-22 code. I reset the code now it keeps coming up F2-04 (Improper cartridge). I tried swapping it with another cartridge with no luck. Now both cartridges are recharged myself using Katuns recharge toner and chip kit. I've never had a problem with these. I'm guessing that the firmware was already preloaded on the flash ROMs from Sharp. Is it possible that the latest firmware version is somehow incompatable with the Katun chip? I have an OEM cartridge coming but somehow doubt that's going to solve the problem!! The manual only points to a bad chip on the cartridge as the culprit, but have seen before where code and problem don't always agree! Any thoughts on this entire situation are GREATLY appreciated!!

OMD-227
    If the flashroms had a sticker on it saying a version number, then yes, they would already be loaded.

Check JP6 (battery jumper) is set to ON. This is the wrong position will give the U2-22.

Check the destination in 26-06. A toner incompatibility error can be caused by wrong destination settings.