Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Smile prints freezing MXM450N

Hello guys i have been to one off my customers recently that has a problems printing through there network on MXm450n in the job status it shows the prints ready to print but nothing happens, i noticed if i turn the machine off and then back on again it starts to print and then stops again,could this be a memory issue? they told me it happens with some off the other machines as well, advice will be most welcomed thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    prints freezing MXM450N

There are two things you can try:

Run Sim 62-10 to clear job log. I have had this experience with networks with External Accounting module installed.(Equitrac or Sharp OSA)

If the above give no better result update firmware to the very latest.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok thanks rayjeek i appreciate your input, i'll give it a shot

i faced same problem with u but my one is ar-m451n. Already updated latest version also same problem occur.finally i change the network cable, every thing work fine and untill now never complaint from customer.

OMD-227
    I have to agree with you guys on the network cable and firmware. That particular problem is rarely a memory fault.
    The only tbing I can add, is to ensure the MXM machine is using an SC port in the driver. Sometimes machines are setup with SC2 ports, but this is only for the MX color machines. Also update the driver version as a problem spooler could also cause this. A continuous PING test will confirm if your NIC and cable are OK or at fault.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I agree with wazza......but I have a few things to add. Ive seen this happen when the job log becomes overloaded. clear the job log. I believe there is a tech tip somewhere about it on Sharpnet. Also, make sure you have it plugged into a dedicated power circuit with a decent power filter on it. Alot of people dont think of this, but these copiers act strange when their power isnt right. Actual saw a couple demos of this when I was at Sharp academy in atlanta. I have also seen wierd problems like this when apple computers are involved and the person who sets all this up doesnt know dick about mac os. Not sure if this is the case but the apple setup is different then a pc one and you have to have a postscript kit installed to get it working correctly. Like I said check what wazza said, but if that dont work you may want to consider this stuff too. have a good day everybody

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    prints freezing MXM450N

I agree with repn about the power. I had three 30cpm Copystar MFPs that were dropping off and on the network, and it turned out to be not as random as we thought. The power quality analyzer identified numerous events right at 7:00 am when the shift started, and 4:30 when the shift ended. This is what the Fluke provided me with:
    PQA Events before&.JPGPQA Events before&.JPG
    This is the only sure-fire way to identify power issues. Once the dedicated line was run, all the problems disappeared. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    thanks alot everyone for your valuable information, i'll get back to the customer on monday to try the different suggestions, i am a sharp copier tech here in the caribbean, this is a great site, sure happy to be part of it

OMD-227
    I completely forgot about the Job Log issue.

That generally only affected the Dragon2's, where once the job log hit 60,000, all print jobs would stall, until machine restarted or the job log manually cleared. All newer firmware revisions for any MXM series machine includes the fix for this problem. Therefore, make sure the firmware is current, and it should be fine.

Also, if you have PS installed, try unchecking PS Passthrough in the Advanced Tab of the driver. That can cause this problem, but I'm more leaning toward either firmware, driver or cable.

Good tip on the power issues. We dont have that issue here, but we are running 240v, you guys are running 120v. Could be the difference. In all my time, I've only once traced an issue to an incoming power supply (by using a Dranetz). Its not common here at all to have an unstable power supply cause machine problems.... Its always an actual hardware or software fault somewhere.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok guys just a quick update, i went back to the customer, i was told that there is a sercurity kit attached to the copier that actually clears the print/copy logs automatically, i was still able to enter sim 62-10 and clear it manually,i found out that the customer had a ARM450N before the the one they have now MXM450N, but still using the print drivers PCL6 from the arm450n.is the pcl6 drivers for the arm450n the same for the mxm450n? could that be the cause of the random freezing of the print? and is there a appz that i can use to constantly ping an Ip address to see if the network patch cable is bad? please keep me posted guys,thanks in advance.