Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MXFNX10 finisher attached to MX4100 jamming

I have MX-FNX10 finisher attached to MX4100 which does copy/print ok but paper cannot be discharged to stack tray/finsher output tray. What happens is that sheets remains in the process tray and the machines declares a jam code FPPD_S (Bundle exit remaining jam). I checked gripper motor found ok also no foreign object found in finisher. I would please require more repair hints.

OMD-227
    Your Bundle Exit sensor arm is stuck up. Lift the output rollers with your hand, and you will see a small black sensor arm which is normally spring loaded. I've had lots of these get stuck up, out of its normal up/down range and cause this exact code & symptom.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Your Bundle Exit sensor arm is stuck up. Lift the output rollers with your hand, and you will see a small black sensor arm which is normally spring loaded. I've had lots of these get stuck up, out of its normal up/down range and cause this exact code & symptom.
    Thanks Wazza, will give a go.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayjeek View Post
    Thanks Wazza, will give a go.
    Hi Wazza
    I visited the Machine and indeed saw the sensors arm stuck in the up position. I brought it down oil/greased but no luck. I noticed that when the arm is at the rear the position is down but when in front the arm comes a bit further up. Also before the jam occurs, I do hear a click in the paper pass unit.
    Any more info.

OMD-227
    The sensor I mean is supposed to be up, but not 'locked' in the up position. Its spring loaded. It can pop out of its maximum top position and get caught in the up position permanently. So if your main output sensor is up at the front, thats normal.... just make sure that it actuates ok and registers as working in sensor test sim 3.
    I actually had one of these again today. It wasn't that particular sensor this time, it was caused by another sensor becoming loose. The sensors as you know only clip into position on a metal bracket. The sensor number 27 (section 4, number 3) in the service manual had become half unclipped on one side, causing the sensor arm to miss the sensor. It was also causing the paper to stop just as it would be released. Basically the same symptom, now I know has 2 different causes.
    Take the entire side cover off the finisher (the vertical cover beside the output tray) and all the sensors and plates that hold them are directly behind it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The sensor I mean is supposed to be up, but not 'locked' in the up position. Its spring loaded. It can pop out of its maximum top position and get caught in the up position permanently. So if your main output sensor is up at the front, thats normal.... just make sure that it actuates ok and registers as working in sensor test sim 3.
    I actually had one of these again today. It wasn't that particular sensor this time, it was caused by another sensor becoming loose. The sensors as you know only clip into position on a metal bracket. The sensor number 27 (section 4, number 3) in the service manual had become half unclipped on one side, causing the sensor arm to miss the sensor. It was also causing the paper to stop just as it would be released. Basically the same symptom, now I know has 2 different causes.
    Take the entire side cover off the finisher (the vertical cover beside the output tray) and all the sensors and plates that hold them are directly behind it.
    This sensor arm is in line with stapler head which I think was the right one, spring loaded. I am just keeping my fingers crossed on this. Will let you know the outcome if I visit again.

OMD-227
    The FN10 is the thorn in my side! I swear I will die early because of this finisher and the problems it has. Welcome to my world of pain Rayjeek!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The FN10 is the thorn in my side! I swear I will die early because of this finisher and the problems it has. Welcome to my world of pain Rayjeek!
    Yes! indeed this FNX10 is a pain in all sides. Found the FPDD sensor which was intact in position, suspecting the sensor being faulty so have ordered for a new one. Will update you.

OMD-227
    Update..... New firmware released today for the FN10's. New version is 01.05.02.

This version has a revision/correction included in it for FPDD_S jams.

"When the gripper is processing ejection and the user removes paper from the ejection tray, if the ejection slot becomes obstructed, the next sheet will not be ejected and the gripper will go out of synchronicity, causing a batch ejection hold jam (FPDD_S)."

Install this Rayjeek if you are still having problems. Its a great idea if you install it regardless!
    If you need a copy of it, let me know.
    Last edited by OMD-227; 07-12-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Update..... New firmware released today for the FN10's. New version is 01.05.02.

This version has a revision/correction included in it for FPDD_S jams.

"When the gripper is processing ejection and the user removes paper from the ejection tray, if the ejection slot becomes obstructed, the next sheet will not be ejected and the gripper will go out of synchronicity, causing a batch ejection hold jam (FPDD_S)."

Install this Rayjeek if you are still having problems. Its a great idea if you install it regardless!
    If you need a copy of it, let me know.
    We still haven't resolved this problem yet even after replacing the sensor. We will give a go to the firmware update and let you know. The MFD is being used without the Finisher at the moment. Thanks Wazza.