Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MX-2600

OMD-227
    No mate, its an internal laser error, an error which shows as the LSU is firing during internal testing.

Order & fit a new LSU. Problem solved for sure.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Okay i did placed an order for it today.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The new unit come in today and i just fit it in. Print 64-5 looks okay. I did looked at what i supposed to do ''ADJ 6'' but it's a bit unclear for me, partly becouse of english and partly becouse there ar 2 way's and becouse i never done that. I will try to put it in the exact place like the other one. How could i be sure that the unit is 100% in place it suposed to be?

OMD-227
    Generally speaking, if you install the LSU in the same position marking as the original LSU, you will be fine.

I've always used method 2 in many of the MX service manuals for adjusting LSU position, mainly because its more of a hardware adjustment, rather than mucking around with measurements.

The quick way of adjusting LSU skew, is run 50-22, then check the LSU skew numbers on the right hand side of the screen. Any of the CMY values which are over +-4.0 will give a 'NG' value. You will need to adjust the 'clicker' screw for that particular color, in the hole under the drums/devs. Its the large silver screw. Turn it one 'click' for each number it is past +-4.0. Run 50-22 again until you get CMY all saying OK, instead of NG. Once you have done that, you may need to run the page centering using 50-28. After that, you're done.