Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MXM160D jamming from Tray2

I have MXM160D installed with two trays. Tray 1 feeds ok but tray2 does not feed.
    On pressing the copy button, it tries to feed but never paper never pass the fuser. Paper will stop sometimes before registration area and sometimes in fuser. Upon jamming 'Clear jam from paper path' is indicated on screen. having cleared the jam and shut all doors/covers it feeds the current job on which it jammed. Just after the paper is fed, MFD stops indicating on screen 'Load A4 or A3 paper in Tray2'. depending on the paper loaded in tray2. Jam code is PIN2_ON. Today is the first time seeing this one, if you have had this before please share your thought.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    it sounds like u dont have the paper settings right for tray 2. ie set for letter and u have legal in the tray or vice vers..

OMD-227
    PIN2_ON is the tray2 paper feed sensor not reached jam code. That would mean that if the paper is feeding out of tray2 OK, but stopping shortly after, the sensor has not detected the paper has been fed or past it, therefore stopping the engine.
    I doubt its a paper settings issue, more likely the PIN sensor for tray2 is either faulty or disconnected etc etc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I will order the sensor and probably the smalll pwb for tray2 because of the 'load correct paper size' msg. Will update.Thanks.

OMD-227
    I think the 2 problems are related though. Dont order anything until you actually test the sensor in sim. The machine could be saying load correct paper size, because it is not detecting paper feed, but is detecting paper in the tray.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I think the 2 problems are related though. Dont order anything until you actually test the sensor in sim. The machine could be saying load correct paper size, because it is not detecting paper feed, but is detecting paper in the tray.
    I visited the MFD today to replace paper in sensors and tray2 interface PWB but now having a different kind of fault. What happens now is that when you copy 1 sheet its ok but more that 1 sheet it jams and declare 'clear paper path'. Also after the 1 sheet copied ok any other copy also jams
    with PIN2_ON jam code. There is no load A4/A3 paper issue anymore. Any other help.

OMD-227
    I'm still leaning towards the machine having a sensor issue, but also try reseating the engine on the optional tray. The MXM160D comes standard with only 1 tray.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I'm still leaning towards the machine having a sensor issue, but also try reseating the engine on the optional tray. The MXM160D comes standard with only 1 tray.
    Will check that out but the customer said it had been working ok in the same position.