Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stapler issuse

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Stapler issuse

I have a MX-B401 with the MX-FN 12 finisher, the little one that slides into the cavity of the machine.
    less then 10 K on the machine, and the stapler will punch the staple through the papers, but will not crimp it over.
    No easy way to watch it run, have had the finisher out, covers off and turn the drive gear by hand, nothing appears to be out of place, just not folding the staples over.
    Any one seen this before.

OMD-227
    I have had an FN12 that would not push the staple through the paper enough for it to fold over. Thought it would be the staple unit, but turned out to be the staple cartridge.

Check the fold plate is in place and firmware upgrade the machine/finisher.

Would love to help more on this one, but even we dont have many of these FN12's out there yet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Oh its pushing the staples through just fine, its just not folding them over and that, I repeat, that should be a function of the stapler unit itself.
    I will punch through 20 sheets as easy as 2 or 3 sheets.
    Going to see if I can swap out the staple cart or maybe whole finisher, your right it is pretty new, not many out there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I have had an FN12 that would not push the staple through the paper enough for it to fold over. Thought it would be the staple unit, but turned out to be the staple cartridge.

Check the fold plate is in place and firmware upgrade the machine/finisher.

Would love to help more on this one, but even we dont have many of these FN12's out there yet.

OMD-227
    The staple unit looks pretty easy to replace, as per the SM. Part number looks like it hasnt been updated either. You very well could have a faulty staple unit.

Its your call mate. Get another finisher or staple unit for testing.