Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Windows 7 on an AR-M162, compatibility issue???

Got a customer who changed over to windows 7. My IT guy and myself can't get it to work! Any suggestions appreciated. We tried some of the drivers available through sharps website with no luck.

Does it have the network controller ARNB3, or is it using the GDI controller? The PCL6 which requires the NB3. There is also a GDI driver for Windows 7. I see that there is both 64 and 32 bit drivers available. How is it connected USB or network. Have seen some issues with USB where you need to go to device manager and check for conflict. Have had to go to device manager and update driver to get to print.

OEC
    These can be a real pita to get setup. The 64 bit drivers do not work correctly unless you are using an nb3 (network expansion kit). At least I have never gotten them to work right, but it does look like they have some new ones up on the website now...
    Best solution I have found is to use the CD that you got with the machine and just manually install the Vista drivers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Windows 7 on an AR-M162, compatibility issue???

While selecting the product with operating systems at Sharp website, the product which you have to look for is the Network Box model not the type of MFD eg.ARNB2. Get the specific print driver under ARNB2 and it might solve the problem.