Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mtech

Mx-m363 spf jams

I have one that gives inntermittent jams at sppd5. Ther will be no paper in the spf. Sensor will not work in test mode. If I perform spf aging and feed a piece of paper through, the sensor starts working. I have replaced the sppd5 sensor. any help would be appreciated

OMD-227
    I get this on MX color machines sometimes. Its either being caused by a slow response time of the SPPD5 return spring or it can even be caused by the same problem at SPPD3 or 4. Take the ADF apart and put an extra tension turn on the return spring.
    It depends on the jam code. If you are getting SPPD5_N, the problem is usually because of a slow return time of the sensor before it. If it is SPPD5_S, you have a slow response return time of that particular sensor arm.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    I get this on MX color machines sometimes. Its either being caused by a slow response time of the SPPD5 return spring or it can even be caused by the same problem at SPPD3 or 4. Take the ADF apart and put an extra tension turn on the return spring.
    It depends on the jam code. If you are getting SPPD5_N, the problem is usually because of a slow return time of the sensor before it. If it is SPPD5_S, you have a slow response return time of that particular sensor arm.

I was having this jam on a MX-M363 and the issue was the SPPD5 return spring. I removed the actuator and wound the spring around the shaft several times to tighten it and the document feeder never jammed again.

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot0127 View Post
    I was having this jam on a MX-M363 and the issue was the SPPD5 return spring. I removed the actuator and wound the spring around the shaft several times to tighten it and the document feeder never jammed again.
    Nice fix! I guess I'm not the only one with sluggish ADF sensors lately. An extra bit of spring tension does wonders!!

Ya I took the long road to this fix too. I really couldn't believe it turn out to be that simple. I owe you one because I only adjusted the spring after reading the post.

OMD-227
    Mate, I'll be taking you up on that offer, whenever I can get to Texas.

Whatever beer is in ya fridge would be fine by me .