Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts lightningjeremy's Avatar

mx 5500 n maint code fk3

looking at placing this machine under ma. has 200k on the meter. is this a good running machine? looks like new, copies are perfect. what is maint. code fk3? thanx

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    mx 5500 n maint code fk3

That code says the fuser web life has reached 200K, time to replace. We don't have many C-Dragon placed, so can't help with how good they run; wait for Wazza's reply, I'm sure he'll give you a good rundown on them.
    Last edited by ZOOTECH; 07-27-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

OMD-227
    Good mornin'.

Wazza's just getting onsite wednesday morning.

Yeah, at 200K, you are going to need the fuser web unit. The upper heat roller is also due at 200K, but most of the time its in good condition and can be reset at the same time as the web. The lower heat roller is due at 300K. If everything in the fuser unit is clean and working well, you must replace the web unit and you can reset the fuser rollers. Make sure the fuser entry plate is cleaned too.
    All the black process components and transfer belts etc etc are due at 300K. The color drums/devs are 100K.

Make sure the firmware is up-to-date!!! There are so many firmware fixes for the C-Dragon's that solve over-toning issues and finisher jams (especially if you have the FNX4 saddle stitch finisher).

I look after a very large fleet of C-Dragons/Venus machines. They are very good, and in the right environment, with good quality paper, will work great for many years. One machine has done over 5million now, with many over 3 million, all working fine. There have been alot of mods/part upgrades over the years. I can send you some info on all of this if interested. Just send me your email.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts lightningjeremy's Avatar
    thanx for the info wazza. my email is lightningjeremy@comcast.net

Technician
    I love 5500's, 200k aint nuthin!

OMD-227
    Agreed!

Got a MX7000N at a council office that does 200K every 3-4 weeks. They love the machine so much, just got a MX7001N too.