Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sm2121

Exclamation Sharp mx-3501n pcl6

I am connected to the sharp mx-3501n via a network and i have been printing in color for some time now, however, recently it only allows me to print in black and white while other people on the network are still able to print in color. If I print in color nothing comes out of the printer. I printed a test page (black and white) and among other things, it says that "Color support: No".

OS = WINDOWS XP
    DRIVER = SNOE2DRV.DLL
    DRIVER VERSION = 1.00

How do I fix this so that I can print in color?

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver? I show PCL6 version should be 5.03.07.01. That's where I would start. Download the newest driver from Sharp, delete the old one and run the setup.exe.

sm2121
    Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver? I show PCL6 version should be 5.03.07.01. That's where I would start. Download the newest driver from Sharp, delete the old one and run the setup.exe.
    Thank you for your help. I think that you would be correct with your advice. I will try that... I was wishing not to have to reinstall the driver and printer again as the "username" and "password" for the network printing are unknown to me (it is my mentors computer and printer and I am sure he does not know his own username and password). I will have to ask him to find his username/password and then I will update the driver and reinstall the printer. Thank you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    Do you have authentication on the copier? (Do you have to put a number code or user name and password in then wanting to make copies?) If yes, then what you need to do is go into the properties of the printer and put in an account code that has color permissions. I have had this alot. The best way to tell if this is the problem is to send a color job to the copier, if the data light flashes a couple of times and returns to the off state with nothing being printed then the problem is DEFINATLEY the user authentication setting within the print driver. Hope this helps!!!

sm2121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin(WOP) View Post
    Do you have authentication on the copier? (Do you have to put a number code or user name and password in then wanting to make copies?) If yes, then what you need to do is go into the properties of the printer and put in an account code that has color permissions. I have had this alot. The best way to tell if this is the problem is to send a color job to the copier, if the data light flashes a couple of times and returns to the off state with nothing being printed then the problem is DEFINATLEY the user authentication setting within the print driver. Hope this helps!!!
    That is EXACTLY was is happening.... so the issue is with the printer itself not the PC. I have been spending all this time playing around with the PC and not focusing on the printer itself since other people on the network are able to print in color. I will try your suggestion. Many thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    The issue is the settings within the print driver....VERY common problem around here, IT guys think they can handle installing a simple print driver. This may be true however you need to make sure the account code is defaulted into the driver.

sm2121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin(WOP) View Post
    The issue is the settings within the print driver....VERY common problem around here, IT guys think they can handle installing a simple print driver. This may be true however you need to make sure the account code is defaulted into the driver.
    I am trying to find who installed the printer so that I may get the administrator password and check the user account to make sure color printing is enabled. Noone seems to know who installed the printer or even who is responsible for maintenance. Is there a default administrator username/password for the SHARP MX-3501N or any other way to get into an individules account to check/change if color printing is enabled?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp mx-3501n pcl6

TC 24-30 will reset password back to default, lower case admin.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --