Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX2700-MX4500 Cleaning blade fitting

Just checking if someone has got the secrete of fitting a cleaner blade when carrying out TK1 planned maintenance. Very often when I fit the blade it collects toner at the tip and results in streaks on the copies. A colleague advised to clean off the powder from the blade before fitting it but I don't see that to be helping me. Any good method out there, please advise.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Not much help as I have not had that problem, but perhaps you are not getting it on straight so it is failing to lay flat? I would advise against removing any power because if it grabs when first fired up - it could flip and ruin your whole day.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I have hand primed every cleaning blade for many years. I have still had a few blades flip, but on the whole the successes have got to be in the 98th percentile. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    Its got nothing to do with the way you are installing the blade. As I have done hundreds & hundreds of these belts, I have definitely seen what you are talking about.
    One tip I can give you is that once the belt surface & blade are powdered correctly (Titanium Hydroxide UKOG-0322FCZZ on those belt kits), fully fit the cleaning unit, rotate the belt surface one complete turn, remove the cleaning unit and run your finger along the very tip of the blade to remove any impurities that have built up on the blade. Wind the belt surface backwards a few inches, refit the cleaning unit and install the transfer belt in the machine. I then run about 50-100 pages through the machine for testing. I always use sim 64-05 self test print, as its a good chance to see any print quality issues, as well as fully seating the blade against the belt surface. If you can run a test print like that and the last page is as clean as the first, then there is virtually no chance of the streaks appearing after you leave.

That is the procedure I use every day, and it has never failed me yet. I learnt this through trial-and-error.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to all who gave me the tips.