Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    thanks again wazza, always appreciate your help

RichH
    Check paper feed clutch, there have been some issues with wires on clutches being mis-routed so when they rotate it shorts the 24v to ground, the error code could be any motor/fan that runs on 24v. As the code comes up as soon as the paper feeds this could be your problem. there is a new clutch that has been modified so that this can't happen.

OMD-227
    I have to add to this.......The new clutch wiring design only helps with CPFD1_S1, CPFD1_S2 and L4-06, depending if the affected clutch is in the PF drive unit or Main drive unit. These are the only codes which will show due to them being on those particular wiring harnesses. L4-04 is not a reported code from an affected/damaged clutch in either drive unit. I'd love to see any info you have that says otherwise.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    checking through the error codes that i got before there was L4-06 showing up as well, so i actually got both codes at different times during.

OMD-227
    OK then... the more info the better......

If you are now and/or were getting L4-04 & L4-06 codes at the same time, definitely check the clutches in the PF drive unit & main drive unit. If there is any cable damage to them, they must be replaced.

The bulletins on this issue only only state that L4-06 is a main drive unit clutch fault/cable damage. Its on a different harness to the blk dev motor, but have a look anyway.

I'm still betting your problem is related to either the dev motor, dev unit or PCU board. Please keep us in the loop. I'm very curious.......

RichH
    Up to you what you try, when the wiring on the clutch shorts to ground it takes out the 24v. The error code you get will be whatever is using the 24v at the time, it has to be said that so far the main error I have seen is L4-32, but we have also had blank displays and various strange issues. The L4-06 error, I have only seen on the MX41/50 due to the reverse clutch on the lift mechanism.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    update:guys i had another MXM2600N machine, so i can swap parts to try to get rid of L4-04 error code, i switched the PCU board, black developer motor, and primary transfer unit, still no luck. any ideas????????????

OMD-227
    Can you get the black dev unit out of the other machine too? Try the dev unit and possibly the PF drive unit. These are easy to remove/replace.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok will do i'll try those as well, thanks alot for your feedback

Re: annoying ERROR L4-04 on MX2600N

I know this is an old thread, but what was your solution please?