Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: window7 64bit

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

window7 64bit

Hai all ,need info and help.
    Can sharpdesk 3.2 support window7 32bit or 64bit?

Thank in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    They have a update to version 3.3 for windows 7. You have to install 3.2 to do the update so it would seem that it is supported. Have only installed this on a couple of Windows 7 versions so far and I always update them to 3.3.

Good luck.

Bil

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    To install a fresh Sharpdesk on win7, first you need an update sharpdesk version 3.31B and the original cd of sharpdesk version 3.2.
    Version 3.3 alone won't be able to setup (although it works on winxp without rebooting the PC). It will detect "unsupported OS". I have try it.
    To install, run the ver 3.31B and on coming, it will ask to insert the cd of version 3.2 . Good luck!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thank you Bil and spotlifter.

Technician 250+ Posts
    What works for me: first you download (from the Sharp FTP) site the 3.31 version from Mar 10 (it works for 32 and 64 bit versions of XP, Vista, and Win 7 - and has both upgrade and fresh install) Unzip to a file (I like on the desktop). Make sure you read the installation PDF AND uninstall any version of Shapdesk currently on the computer. With the unziped files in a folder on your desktop, place your ORIGINAL 3.1 or 3.2 CD in your reader (hold down the shift key so it does not auto start). Open the folder on your desktop and select the install version (not the upgrade). The program will go to the CD and verify it is "original", and will start to install. Then you need to enter your lisc key (same key as for the original).

It is not suppose to work for v3.0 - but I used a 3.2 CD and their 3.0 key - and it worked. Your milage may vary.