Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

ARM355 printing issue

Have a customer that is trying to print on Monarch size envelope using Word 2007 in Windows 7. Have the newest firmware and PCL6 driver installed. Using the envelope feature in Word it will not print properly. Most of the time it is in the wrong orientation. I have tried in RAW as well as HP/GL. Tried various driver settings within word as well. When I get it to print in the proper orientation the print is cut off with only a few mm of the first character showing on each line. Printing from Tray 2 which is the only drawer that has an envelope option, have also tried it from the bypass (for S&Gs and got the same results) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Bil

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ARM355 printing issue

I feel bad for you Bil. The Jupiter will only feed envelopes if you have the optional bypass tray beneath the duplexer. All of my attempts to get envelopes to feed reliably and not wrinkle from tray #1 have been for naught.

If you do get past your software issues, then you'll have to contend with the hardware.

Now that I've got that off my chest, try another application. There are dozens of Apps that can compose an envelope image. What emulation are you using? I'm assuming it's PCL, since PostScript is an add-on. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ARM355 printing issue

I have had a similar challenge recently with MX2700 with envelope printing with word 2007. Use the bypass tray and select the correct type of envelope on the MFD. In the word Menu select Tools, Envelopes and Labels, the address in the document will be highlighted automatically, select Option and customize evelope type/tray etc. You need to select the radio button against Face down instead of the default Face up. Of course your envelope need to be loaded in the bypass tray face down.
    It worked for me so give a go.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses Blackcat and rayjeek. I am using the PCL6 driver and it does have the ARDU4 duplex unit with the bypass, customer is not worried about the wrinkling. Have tried the different settings with the bypass, will go back and see if I missed something. Thank you again for your time and suggestions.

Bil