Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp MX 2700

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vesigoth's Avatar

Sharp MX 2700

Two problems with this one. Image on prints is skewed, on the glass, prints, or through the ADF makes no difference. Tryed the LSU adjustment screws and no help. Also the color copies come out ok but when printing the color balance is off. Tryed to do auto color balance adjustment for printing and I get a failure message. Any ideas? Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Jim i know its obvious but did you check paper trays or reg roller, for color balance, maybe dv is near end of life?

OMD-227
    The times I've had a problem with rego or calibration error messages were either caused by the rego/procon shutters not opening (spring fallen off) or the shaft that hold the LSU in place had popped out on the rear side frame.

If you run auto rego adjust sim 50-22 and you get errors, first take the left side cover off, then the metal plate covering the LSU. Check the large shaft holding the LSU straight in position is correctly seated on the rear side. I've had a few pop out of place over the years causing this same symptom.

Otherwise, confirm the procon/rego sensor cover is opening. I've had the spring fall off inside it, with the solenoid trying to open the cover, but it wouldnt, therefore throwning random rego issues.

OMD-227
    Ooops, just thought of another thing....

Check the drive gear on the primary belt unit hasnt cracked. The pin through the middle can sometimes crack the plastic gear, causing a rego shift.

That is not as common, but have seen it too.

Quote Originally Posted by mmru4real View Post
    Jim i know its obvious but did you check paper trays or reg roller, for color balance, maybe dv is near end of life?
    Hey Mike! Thanks for the reply. Yes I checked the paper trays, and gegistration roller. The guide plates on the cassettes are good and when I stop the paper at the registration roller the paper is straight and the rollers are clean. The machine has 101k black copies and 41k color copies. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    The times I've had a problem with rego or calibration error messages were either caused by the rego/procon shutters not opening (spring fallen off) or the shaft that hold the LSU in place had popped out on the rear side frame.

If you run auto rego adjust sim 50-22 and you get errors, first take the left side cover off, then the metal plate covering the LSU. Check the large shaft holding the LSU straight in position is correctly seated on the rear side. I've had a few pop out of place over the years causing this same symptom.

Otherwise, confirm the procon/rego sensor cover is opening. I've had the spring fall off inside it, with the solenoid trying to open the cover, but it wouldnt, therefore throwning random rego issues.
    Hey Wazza! I haven't done that, I'll try it Monday and post the results. Thanks for your help.

OMD-227
    If paper is straight when arriving at rego rollers, image is bad on the transfer belt as I mentioned earlier. If you are quick enough (and with clever timing), you can open the front cover, remove the belt unit during a print job and check the image on the under-side of the belt.
    If the belt UNIT is old, had a few refurb's done to it, without a new drive gear fitted along the way, there is a good chance the gear has cracked.

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    yep, i agree.....sounds like the gear