Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

MX-C and B 311 and 401's

has anyone else had multi-feed issues from the trays, tried changing feed rollers, NG.
    Found a tech-bul. about a new spring, this one colored red. one machine has the new spring in it, tried to stretch it to put more presure on the rev. roller, or dbl feed prevent roller to some of ya'll out there.
    And yet it still multi-feeds out of the tray, now the top feed sect is different from the others in the optional cass., takes same feed rollers but different design of feed sect.
    It is giving the jam code " CPFD1_S1 ".
    Going to see if I can get a bit more out of the spring, maybe order a newer one, just to see what happens.
    Any ideas guys and gals.
    Thanks

OMD-227
    The bulletins we have here explain that the pressure on the separator spring has been REDUCED, not increased. The spring has been changed from 300g pressure to 250g pressure. The spring is colored with a black lacquer. Previous color was silver.

New part numbers: spring - MSPRC3956FCZ3, Desk PF unit - DUNT-8208FC11. Both of these are the upgraded part numbers for prevention of double feeding. Production change from september 2009.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply wazza, the tech bulletin I have here, MFP-TB-373, Aug. 09, shows the old spring to be silver, the new one to have red on the outside and silver on the inside, also its a different spring type for the top feed sect, then the other add on trays. It dont say anything about load amounts, just that it is changed, I went back to that machine I was refering too, ran over 150+ on it with never a misfeed, cleared out the jam couinters, as I forgot to do so last time I was there, but never a mis-feed, I do think this is too small a mach for the use, its a day care at a church for little ones,so you know they can run some copies on it.