Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

"Printing of Fax disabled. Please contact your network administrator" MX2301

Hi All, another beauty that has me stumped. A dealer of ours has enabled fax forwarding, on an MX2301,to a network folder. Whenever a fax comes in, the message "Printing of fax disabled. Please contact your network administrator". Anyone seen this before?
    On another note, we have enabled fax forward to email on an MX2301 which forwards to the correct email, but also prints. We have ticked the box which says "Print at error only". Any suggestions?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    "Printing of Fax disabled. Please contact your network administrator" MX2301

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    ... On another note, we have enabled fax forward to email on an MX2301 which forwards to the correct email, but also prints. We have ticked the box which says "Print at error only". Any suggestions?
    On the second point, it sounds like you changed report settings, not the printing of the fax. "Print at error only" is an option for report settings. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Hi,
    connect to the web page of your MFP and login like administrator.
    Go into: Application Settings - Document Administration Function - and check that Data Forward to Administrator is "disabled".
    If you enabled it but insert an incorrect e-mail address or folder into the fields below, your incoming faxes can be forwarded to the normal destination but not to the Aministrator. So they will be printed.
    For the first question, go into: System Settings (from the control panel of the MFP) - Paper Tray Settings - Tray Settings - and check that Fax is enabled.
    Good luck!

Thanks for getting in touch Guys.
    wtroll, in relation to the Fax Forwarding to email, do i not have to enable the Data Forward to Administrator to enable the Fax Forwarding settings?

No,
    It's not necessary!
    Data Forward to Admin is a function that can enable your MFP to send to an e-mail address (or folder) a copy of ANY scanned document or transmitted/received fax from the MFP.
    This function is not for the privacy.....eh, eh!
    Wazza can provide a detailed fax forwarding settings manual in your language if I remember.
    I'm sorry buy I have only the italian version one.

OMD-227
    Hammer..... whats your email address? I'll send you the step-by-step setup procedure for inbound routing.