Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

MX2300N printing with Quickbook Pro

Have an interesting problem. Happens from 2 seperate computers (XP) using 2009 Quickbooks Professional Contractors Edition when they print more than a few statements in 1 group. I've attached a sample from each computers printing. ROMs are current, system memory 640Mb, I have tried PCL6 and PS drivers (same results on both). If they print just 1 statement (invoice) at a time then there are no issues but when they print multiple invoices this problem will occur. It also varies when it occurs, sometimes it will start on the 5 invoice or the 88th invoice or all of the invoices. Nothing consistent there. The problem has just started occurring in the last couple of months, prior to that it worked just fine with the same program. No changes to the copier or computers that are being used. I figure this is a software issue with QBPro but we provide a lot of end user support for our print/network customers so wonder if anyone has seen this?? Only seems to happen with Quickbooks but they don't normally print a lot of other color documents so not 100% sure on that.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Bil

Just realized something and will have to remove the scan and post them a little later. Basically the boxes around the statement are dashed lines in different colors and patterns.
    Last edited by bilyahn; 08-26-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Just realized something and will have to remove the scan and post them a little later. Basically the boxes around the statement are dashed lines in different colors and patterns.
    Sorry about that. Here is one of the scans. The dashed lines come in different shapes and sizes. This is just the most colorful one so far. Thank you again for your time in this matter.

Bil
    Attached Files Attached Files

OMD-227
    I've had very similar issues on a range of MX machines.

First thing is make sure it is set to 4bit color, instead of 1bit (Color tab - advanced color). Alot of color issues are fixed with this change. Its common for the drivers to default back to 1bit default after a server software upgrade etc etc.

One call in particular I remember was the output from a program (SAP) was printing dots & dashes instead of solid lines, but printing the same document to their HP color laser & Brother multifunction perfectly fine. I also tried different drivers & driver settings including 4bit vs 1bit, but ended up replacing a MFP memory module. I cant remember which one was causing the fault, but I remember that all memory modules were passing their R/W test in sim, but the one faulty module tested as only 128Mb in a laptop. It should have been 256 or 512. I cant remember which one, as it was along time ago.

Just double check the drivers are set as 4bit color, after that, swap out some memory and test again.

Thanks Wazza, I will be sure to check those settings!