Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts delosangeles's Avatar

MX 2300N has error code F2-66

Hello to all

I have this F2-66 code on a new clients machine and was wondering what it meant and how to clear it. We mostly work on Ricoh so was not sure if you access the sims like all the other Sharps.

Thanks in advance
    Trade like a tiger sleep like a baby

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

"F2-66 Toner supply abnormality (MAGENTA)
    Trouble content Toner end with the remaining quantity of 50% or more.
    The toner supply time exceeds 3 times as much as the specified time.
    Section PCU
    Case 1 Cause Toner motor section connector harness trouble
    Check and remedy
    Check the connector connection of the toner motor section.
    Check the connector harness (TM) connection to the main PWB.
    Case 2 Cause Toner motor and toner density sensor trouble
    Check and remedy
    Check the toner density sensor output. (SIM25-1)
    Check that the toner transport pipe is not clogged
    between the toner cartridge and the developing unit.

Replace the toner cartridge (CRUM) if necessary.
    If replacement of the toner cartridge (CRUM) does not
    clear the trouble, check the developing unit."

This is from the service manual; diagnostics start with # * C *.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Magenta

ZooTech Thanks for the help

What usually causes the clogging? or If you have seen this code what caused it in your experience?

Thanks

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

It can clog if toner cartridge is not shaken well before installing or if few color copies are made.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

I see,

Thanks and have a good weekend

OMD-227
    Something else I can add....

I see this code (and F2-64,65,67) often. It can be caused by incorrect removal of the toner sealing tape. The green safety cap removes easily, yet sometimes the small piece of tape sealing the toner cartridge breaks off. Therefore the new toner is installed, CRUM chip resets the machine to 100% full, yet the cartridge is unable to supply toner as the clear tape is still connected.
    Thats the first thing to check.

If the machine has also done ALOT of work, the drive belt on that color dev unit can break, causing toner to not be fed into the dev unit as its not rotating. This eventually blocks up the toner pipe as well.

Check the cartridge, check the dev unit and make sure the cartidge is shaken (especially if stored on its end).

To confirm the toner is flowing again, run continuous solid color prints in sim 64-01. Change setting A to 1, print count to about 50, select the color you want to test and it will print 100% coverage of that solid color. The machine will run the solid colors until it detects the toner density is too low, then will add toner. During this test, it will say 'Wait' in the top left corner. If it passes that stage, you know the toner is again moving to the dev unit, and the toner density will be alot darker too. If all that works, problem solved.

Sweet dude

Thanks for keying in Wazza

I went out to the machine and the client relayed to me they just started to use generic toner which when I slid open the cover on the cartridge and manually turned the gears to simulate adding toner by the machine the gears were frozen. So I carefully tapped and shook the cartridge until the toner started to flow. I also key-op to only use genuine Sharp toner and was happy to take a order for cmyk, it was sweet dude. Any ways I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Something else I can add....

I see this code (and F2-64,65,67) often. It can be caused by incorrect removal of the toner sealing tape. The green safety cap removes easily, yet sometimes the small piece of tape sealing the toner cartridge breaks off. Therefore the new toner is installed, CRUM chip resets the machine to 100% full, yet the cartridge is unable to supply toner as the clear tape is still connected.
    Thats the first thing to check.

If the machine has also done ALOT of work, the drive belt on that color dev unit can break, causing toner to not be fed into the dev unit as its not rotating. This eventually blocks up the toner pipe as well.

Check the cartridge, check the dev unit and make sure the cartidge is shaken (especially if stored on its end).

To confirm the toner is flowing again, run continuous solid color prints in sim 64-01. Change setting A to 1, print count to about 50, select the color you want to test and it will print 100% coverage of that solid color. The machine will run the solid colors until it detects the toner density is too low, then will add toner. During this test, it will say 'Wait' in the top left corner. If it passes that stage, you know the toner is again moving to the dev unit, and the toner density will be alot darker too. If all that works, problem solved.

OMD-227
    Nice one mate!

Glad you got it going. The genuine toners will do that problem alot less, unless the client does something wrong.