Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Doc feeder on MX-B 401

Any one ever seen one of these Doc feeders multi-feed, even after new rollers and sep pad.
    It does not happen every time, but often enough to make a cust. upset.
    And what ever you do, if you take the feed rollers on one of them DF kits apart, be ready, there is some little ball bearings in them, its in the end where the gears are, it works like 1-way bearings in bigger ones, the ball bearings are smaller then #9 shot, if that tells ya'll anything.
    Hope ya'll can help.

OMD-227
    My experience with the Frontier series so far, is the SPF does like double-feeding with paper which has previously been stapled (staple removed for copies). A new SPF kit including the separation pad is not enough. There are bulletins on other SPF issues, such as leaving scratch marks on the originals once they have passed through, but the main thing you can do is replace the SPF kit (which you already have), because the ball bearing assembly gets grease contamination, causing alot of SPPD1_S jams.
    If the paper is clean & never been stapled or puched before, then the SPF runs really well.

Its a common issue. Its not the biggest & baddest SPF in the world either, so dont expect miracles. Maybe a little chat with your client who is expecting too much from a desktop toy MFP. Thats what I do. Sorry mate.

Or try stretching the spring under the sep pad????? Never done it myself yet, but have thought about it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    [QUOTE=wazza;163068]My experience with the Frontier series so far, is the SPF does like double-feeding with paper which has previously been stapled (staple removed for copies). A new SPF kit including the separation pad is not enough. There are bulletins on other SPF issues, such as leaving scratch marks on the originals once they have passed through, but the main thing you can do is replace the SPF kit (which you already have), because the ball bearing assembly gets grease contamination, causing alot of SPPD1_S jams.
    If the paper is clean & never been stapled or puched before, then the SPF runs really well.

Its a common issue. Its not the biggest & baddest SPF in the world either, so dont expect miracles. Maybe a little chat with your client who is expecting too much from a desktop toy MFP. Thats what I do. Sorry mate.

I have seen it multi feed with fresh paper, right out of a ream, blank and clean.
    Tried streching the spring, that did no good, cust is already saying they like there old mach better.
    Going to try swapping out the DF see what happens.

G