Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AR-153e

AR-153e

We have an AR-153E machine that started making copies with this little pattern on them. When I showed up there was an L-1 code being displayed so I ran sim 14 and cycled the machine, the code showed up on restart. I went back to the shop and talked with gwaddle about it he came back with me cycled the machine and it came up fine no code, it also then copied fine. We cleaned the scanner shaft and re-greased it just to be safe, but could not figure out why this 0000aa004adc.pdf pattern showed up and why it then just went away. Anyone have any ideas so if it comes back we have an idea where to start?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-153e

My guess? Light source #1 was not directly in line with the white reference when the CCD calibration was done. I think you are sort-of on the right track with scanner rail lubrication, except the type of lubrication. Most greases I know of are too thick, and will cause the scanner to bounce or stall.

For the last decade I have been using a few drops (not a flood, please) of SAE30 straight weight motor oil (like you use in your lawn mower), distributed with your finger. It won't get thick, won't evaporate, won't splash all over the optics.

This oil was supposed to help solve the famous crashing optics on the Mita DC-313ZD. It didn't solve that problem, but turned out to be an excellent scanner rail lubricant. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    make sure the scanner lock on the bottom of the scanner isnt in the lock positon ( i believe the model has this also) it usually makes a noise when its locked but i have seen them not make a sound and make a weird stretched out copy and eventually throw a scanner code.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-153e

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    make sure the scanner lock on the bottom of the scanner isnt in the lock positon ( i believe the model has this also) it usually makes a noise when its locked but i have seen them not make a sound and make a weird stretched out copy and eventually throw a scanner code.
    Agreed. Whenever a customer accidentally locked the scanner, I would remove the lock and cover the hole with a round sticker. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=