Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

U2-30 Sharp MX-4100

After exchanging the chip wich contains the serialnumber and counters of two machines. One of them losed the serialnumber. All data is there except the serialnumber and the machine gifs U2-30.
    I tried to reset it with simm 16 with no result.
    Sharp tells me to send the chip over to Japan for re-writing witch will take more than a month.
    Does someone else have any idea how to fix this problem an other way

OMD-227
    There is no other way. The eeprom must be re-written by Sharp. You will also need to provide all documentation on the machine that it was purchased by you.

The only way that this problem can occur is with incorrect handling of the eeproms & getting confused between which boards which eeprom came from. If the machine is booted up with the wrong eeproms in place, you get an eeprom which becomes corrupt. Even a previous device clone restoration will not save you. If you can print sim 22-06, about halfway down the first page will show the ICU & PCU serial numbers. These must match. If one is not the serial number of the machine, that particular eeprom is corrupt. Sharp is the only place that can re-write it. It will be returned to you with the correct data on it.

Technician
    Thnx for your reply Waza. Although i still find it strange that all data is correct en only the serialnumber is cleared. In the past we had secret sim-codes to set the right serialnumber of set counters on the older models. But i think it is not possible anymore on the newer models. At least i never heared about any secret sim-codes for them.

Rest my case i have to send it over to Japan en wil wait for a couple of weeks.

OMD-227
    The secret sim codes are still there, but not the one you need for the serial number re-entry. Sorry mate.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Love secret sim mode, it tells you what all the various codes mean......a nice feature to have.