Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason210 View Post

ust out of interest, which machine would be able to do we wanted it to do, and how much more would it cost, relatively speaking?

Jason
    We had this question come up at Sharp school for this series and if I understand what you want correctly, the difference in cost for a machine that would produce those results is about $100,000. Ball park figure. As was mentioned earlier in this post the MX series and the competitors that are comparable are a "business color" machine (their wording) and if you need high quality digital reproduction you will need to get those units that specialize in that. We have this question a lot, especially from people wanting to do brochures like you see from government agencies or big corporations.

Hope that answers your question.

Have a great day.

Bil

OMD-227
    Bill summed it up very well.

We recently had a MX5001N installed at a very picky color client. I knew it was never going to do what was required. They previously has a MX2700N and contract was up, so they went for the MX5001N, after seeing that it was faster, double resolution, faster ripping etc etc.
    I knew they had a department that was very picky on color quality & denisty over a long print run. I knew the machine would probably struggle abit with these particular people, and advised them on the first call. After further advice & adjustments, they went out and purchased a Xerox color machine specifically for that department that kept sooking (everyone else was very happy with the Sharp).
    I asked how much it cost, and how much was the monthly costs for use...... I was told that they could have purchased 6 of the MX5001N's for the same price.

I hope that puts it into perspective for you Jason. Specialty color requires specialty machines.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar
    We have a few Chamber of Commerces that produce thier own monthly bullitens on them w/no issues. But like everyone's been saying it's not for photogphers,artists or printers.They're great machines when used for thier intended purposes. I remember years ago a sales rep for a previous company I worked for sold a reprographics co. an ARBC320 I could have killed him.LOL