Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mxc311 scanners

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Mxc311 scanners

We have had several mxc311 scanners on new machines that have worked fine in the shop during setup, then had various problems when we got them out to the field. One would only copy in purple, the latest, the colors are off registration as much as a half page, but only during copying, printing in color is fine. The issue is always resolved by replacing the scanner. Are these just really delicate and don't like to travel, or are we missing something.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Have you tried cleaning or replacing the SCU chip in the scanner board? I have seen a few of these go bad.

On all three, we replaced the scanner board first as a test.

OMD-227
    We haven't had any problems with delivery of the Frontiers. They go in the same big truck as the rest of the machines.

Even though everything is wrapped, padded & tied down, I have always assumed everything would be bouncing around in the truck no matter how well things are transported, but so far, so good.

How are they being transported at your place?

Most of the time in a car. All three of these were anyway.

OMD-227
    Gotta stop driving like Ken Block..... that will help.

I seriously dont know how they got so damaged from workshop to client. They are a simple scanner design, so I can see how it would be easy to put them out of alignment. I think its a case of bad luck this time around.

I'm thinking you are right. We'll just have to be more careful and tape the doc feeder down better. Maybe that will help. Thanks for the input as always. Perhaps the four-wheeling we do on the way isn't such a good idea.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mxc311 scanners

Not a fun removal, had 2 issues here last week, one customer spilled a bottle of iodine in theirs, (they were trying to copy the label on the bottle) replaced the scanner unit, luckily nothing below the scanner was affected. And our rep said these scanners were "airtight". The other had repeating E7-11, offset color and a distortion toward the start of scan area. Tried boards first and ended up replacing the scanner.

The first one is not fun, after that they aren't as bad as they look. Except for the iodine looks like we've had some of the same troubles. So far I'm not impressed with these units, unless they are in an almost steril place with only one operator.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    The first one is not fun, after that they aren't as bad as they look. Except for the iodine looks like we've had some of the same troubles. So far I'm not impressed with these units, unless they are in an almost steril place with only one operator.
    I have already worked on my fair share of these already, not the scanner so far, but feeding from cass. and Doc Feeder issues. now can we say cheesy, when you can do a PM without using a screwdriver, talking about changing drum and dv cart., do not even need a screwdriver.
    Way too much plastic on these machines.