Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shtarp MX3501

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Shtarp MX3501

Shtarp MX3501

Loosing yellow on rear of copies. Have replaced Primary Xfer, problem seemed to go away but is back one day later.

PM items less that 15K,

Am I correct in assuming that if this were a laser shutter issue it would effect entire copy front to rear?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Shtarp MX3501

It depends on how the shutter is curved; it could be bowed in the center (usually) or at the ends. Try moving the yellow shutter to another color and see if that makes a difference.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

OMD-227
    If this is only affecting the yellow on rear side, and a PM has recently been done, check the yellow transfer roller & follower roller are correctly seated in the primary belt unit. Its common for those small white loops (on the ends of the transfer rollers) to pop out of their holders and cause this. Yellow happens to be the most common color to go. As the transfer rollers are held securely on one side, but with the white loops on the other, the white loop/clip side if fallen out will cause half page color loss.

Really douby this is LSU shutters, as the color shutters open at the same time and the issue usually affects the cyan & magenta more as these have to be pulled harder to open fully. The yellow is at the same end as the solenoid, and rarely, if ever, plays up.

If you are losing yellow across the whole page, and eventually start losing magenta & some cyan as well the longer it goes (as well as the L4-06 code appearing), check the serial number of the machine, make sure the Main Drive Unit is the modified version.

Shtarp MX3501

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Loosing yellow on rear of copies. Have replaced Primary Xfer, problem seemed to go away but is back one day later.

PM items less that 15K,

Am I correct in assuming that if this were a laser shutter issue it would effect entire copy front to rear?

Any suggestions?

TIA
    If it's a dusty enviorment it could be shutters, pull all the DV and drums and transfer belt out. 4 silver screws and the guides for the DV and drums pull out which also holds the shutters. At the rear frame is a long white plastic piece which is pulled to it's home position on the left rear corner by a spring. Remove that white plastic part, clean it, clean the metal that it sits on and even go as far as to spray silicone lube on the plastic to make it slippery. Reassemble and see what happens.

Ive had machines in really bad enviorments loose just yellow due to dirt and the solinoide can't pull the shutters all the way open.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Shtarp MX3501

I agree with Wazza. It's usually the clip/shaft on the main drive unit. Seen it a number of times.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Shtarp MX3501

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I agree with Wazza. It's usually the clip/shaft on the main drive unit. Seen it a number of times.
    Without any L4-06 codes?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Shtarp MX3501

I don't recall any L4's Nachoman. IIRC, which I'm getting old, I think they were CQ issues, but I may be wrong.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Shtarp MX3501

Thanks to all. It was the drive unit.

OMD-227
    Nice one!