Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-M850

MX-M850

In one of my customer's place MX-M850 m/c is going to complete 3 million copies.Iam changing the consumable items & maintenance items regularly once the life completes. last week i changed developer. After changing developer & 500k maintenance items the copy was ok. After 3 days copy qualiy went down it started giving light copies. Iam not getting the black pitch. If i do 44-06 it is showing HV ERROR & 44-34 it is showing error. Kindly give me some solutions.Tomorrow iam going to change the m/c unit & ATDC sensor also.

OMD-227
    Firstly check the dev stir value in 25-01. This will give you a good indication of the toner/dev mix & dev unit sensor working. If this value is OK, you know the dev/toner mix is OK, but you are not getting the toner density in the patches it is laying down on the drum. Therefore, check & confirm the MC unit is correctly plugged in (easy to forget this step sometimes), drum potential sensor in the process unit is clean and dev unit MG roller spring (mod) is in place. Also check the corona wires are in place & connected (especially if you change these in the 500K kit).
    If you get a bad dev stir value, then check the dev unit plug.
    You might also want to run 44-02 & 44-07 before running 44-06 again.

Post a sample of the 64-05 self test print too if possible. Make sure the firmware is up to date.

i run 25-01 value is H.A-3, DEV.REF-117, CON.VOL- 140.
    44-2 VALUES ARE PCS_LEDADJ-19, BASE-211
    After completeing 44-2 & 44-07 then i run 44-06 it shows HV ERROR , 44-34 it shows ERROR.
    Today i changed PROCESS CONTROL SENSOR & MC UNIT. Sample copy attached. I don't know how to increase the value in 44-02.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OMD-227
    The PCS_LED value is way too low.
    The drum surface reflection base rate is OK.
    The dev stir value is OK. Problem is not dev.

Check process control sensor harness, check the sensor is clean and nothing is blocking it, like a POIND_N jam that has paper around the drum (rare, but possible).
    Try to enter the default value of the process control sensor in 44. How old is the drum? Maybe a wear mark on the drum surface at the PCS point is causing a poor value.

Check & confirm that process control is enabled in 44-01.

This one is weird thats for sure.

Drum has completed approx 600k. Developer,mc unit,process control sensor are new. After changing these items from third day onwards it started giving light copies.There is no wear mark. drum is in good condition. All the items are enabled in 44-01.Firmware is upto date. I checked the wire connection in process unit. it seems to be ok. i removed all the connectors & i re fixed it.No paper jam in POIND_N position.
    HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT VALUE OF PCS SENSOR IN 44.

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    I would be changing the drum irrespective of how many copies are on it just to prove whether it is ok.

Once again i changed drum,dev,mc unit together. I didn't get the good result. copy quality was not good. I took a new process unit from a new machine & i changed it. Then the PCS_LED Value has increased from 19 to 38 (i don't know this is enough or not). Then i did all high voltage adjustments(ADJ-1). Now iam getting 95% of good copy.Black pitch is good. Still it is not 100%. I have to wait for atleast one week to give a final call on this issue.

OMD-227
    Have you compared the sim 64-05 self test print now Vs the previous one you posted?

Is your main problem with this on copy or print, because the attachment you posted looks OK, even though its a low-res scan. The blacks are quite solid, the grayscale is pretty good. I know the scan of this testpage always looks alittle crappy, but from it I can tell the original would be quite good.