Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MXC311/401 ADF trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I pulled the feed assembly out, same as you. I got the feed roller to slip roller it backwards. (I dropped all the damn bearings too when I took it apart to clean it) It was grease free. I didn't take the pickup roller apart though, as I thought it was losing drive from the feed roller. Maybe I'll try to get back over there in the AM if it stays slow. Thanks for the update.
    The pickup roller has the grease in it's "one way". As i gently pried the dam thing apart it exploded sending the ball bearings every where. It was not meant to come apart.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

OMD-227
    I haven't had the same amount of problems you guys are having, or gone to the depths of attempted repairs on the DF. I always carry the DF kit (PF unit & sep pad) in my car, and just replace each visit no matter what the call was for. A cheap DF kit changed often equals less complaining clients. The machine is cheap, the DF kit is cheap. I am not wasting my time mucking around with a DF that I know is crap when I have many other far more important machines to get to. Get all the mods for the DF unit done early and move on.
    We all know the DF is a sh*tbox, but in all honesty, changing the DF kit often equals alot less problems in the field.
    This is working for me. The parts are paid for anyway with the client using it. The DF kit swaps out in about 1 minute.
    Keep 'em happy & upgrade to a better machine when this one is due. Just keep at least one DF kit in your stock at all times. Too easy!