Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MXC311/401 ADF trouble

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

Anyone have any trouble with the ADF's on these units ? I've got one giving SPPD1_N jams. It'll start pulling a stack in, then just stop. I pulled the feed hub apart & cleaned the bearings. (what the hell were the engineers thinking there) It only has 2900 on the ADF. Any ideas ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

OMD-227
    Sending you some bulletins on this.

You also need to keep replacing the PF roller unit & sep pad (available in the same kit). You're not the only one with this issue.

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

Sweet, I checked our bulletins here & nothing came up. Thanks !!
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    please send me that info Wazza. i've recently had a few of these installed on my patch.the more info the better!

thanks

bill

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MXC311/401 ADF trouble

I had the paper detect sensor fail. (little black arm in the lid drops down into the feed unit) In my case you would put a stack of paper in. The machine would feed all the paper and then try to feed again even when there was no paper in the tray to pull. Of course no paper made it to SPPD1 so the N code was displayed.

Unless they updated the parts guides you cannot order that sensor (not that you would want to rip that POS apart). You had to order the entire paper transport assembly. I just replaced the entire DF and put in warranty.

Moral of the story. That DF is crap.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

Hey Tmaged how did you make out? I have a MXC311 doin the exact same thing. Getting code SPPD1_N. You put in a stack and it will start pulling paper in then just stop. I can confirm the paper feed rollers just stopped turning.

I have even been able to replicate this thing in test commands using 2-3. When i was in test commands i could get the paper feed roller to start turning again by hitting the solienoid "SPUS"

My theory is the little gear that rolls back and forth is unmeshing and maybe sitting in the middle just away from the gear but the only way im going to be able to confirm that is to pull the top of this POS. Thats a bloody nightmare in it's own.

Below is a picture of the gear.

11-19-10_1613.jpg

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

I haven't had a chance to get back to figure it out yet. If I find something I'll let you know.
    It sounds exactly like what I've got. I need to tear it apart to figure out where it's losing drive.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

Hey Tony

I replaced the entire DF roller assembly. I managed to make the 1 way bearing slip as i was playing with it while i was on hold with Sharp.

If you take the top tray off and leave the lid in place you can run paper in job build mode holding the paper and watch the gears. The gear is suspected never did loose it's drive yet the paper stopped comming in so the fault had to reside with the rollers.

Edit:
    I finally figured out how to rip this roller assembly apart. The hub holds 5 very small ball bearings for a excuse of a 1 way bearing. Pretty cheap looking setup. If you put thing vertical (front frame side down) The 1 ways don't even work. In saying that, if you decide to rip this apart make sure you hold it vertical or all the little ball bearings depart rather quickly and try to disapear...

I don't think the problem is with the feed roller but the pickup. The pickup roller has the same setup except they added grease to it. It must be making the ball bearings stick allowing the roller to slip. I talked with Sharp and they did some checking for me and there is a open case with the factory about it.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 11-22-2010 at 09:56 PM.

OMD-227
    Grease buildup in that ball bearing assembly causes us some grief here. Flush that shit out with some Contact Cleaner or PCB Cleaner. Works really good. Brings it up like new.

MXC311/401 ADF trouble

I pulled the feed assembly out, same as you. I got the feed roller to slip roller it backwards. (I dropped all the damn bearings too when I took it apart to clean it) It was grease free. I didn't take the pickup roller apart though, as I thought it was losing drive from the feed roller. Maybe I'll try to get back over there in the AM if it stays slow. Thanks for the update.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook