Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

problems with mx2700n

Hi to all.

I heave read some posts that are related to this copier, and found similar problems but not exact one.
    Problem that I heave is that after last large print job (1000 pages) unit is printing colors and black not as full coverage but rather with parts of printed page lighter than the rest. (lighter lines of lighter color are appearing on all colors)
    I can upload sim64 prints later.
    I heave replaced main belt and rollers that are for each color (metal ones covered with black plastics), cleaned all rollers on transfer unit and replaced blade.
    All developers were replaced (maintenance) and calibration for toner was performed.
    LSU was cleaned (rotating mirror had accumulated dust on corners).

All in all i heave done full service on this one but it still refuses to cooperate.

All help appreciated.

P.S.
    i heave seen thread about printout going blank after 50 or 100 pages. I will check this today but it seams to be a long-shot.

OMD-227
    Attach a print page of sim 64-01 (A=11, B=2, C=2, D=255) clearly showing the fault. You may need to run that testprint a few times (multiprint value) to get the fault to appear.
    Can tell more from the sample page, as you seem to have covered alot of items already. Possible shutter issue maybe if you are sure devs & primary belt unit are good.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi wazza

Attachment 7225
    Attachment 7226

That is a print from device. Light spots should not be taken in account since they are defects on belt. I heave used different belts today but got same results (stripes in direction of print). This is a problem that was bugging me. As you can see coverage is not full (there are some spots where toner is missing).

thx

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    PS.
    is there any way to repair belt that was folded (had minor accident with part that fell on belt and pressed it to fold)?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    problems with mx2700n

Try attaching your documents again. They don't open.

No, once the belt gets a dimple or fold, it's yours until the next PM. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    Yeah, you haven't added the attachments correctly..... nice try though.

Blackcat is spot on mate..... any mark like that on the belt surface and you're screwed. It will cause either a repeating mark or poor cleaning of th belt at that spot, leaving a repeating stain on each rotation.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    i was hoping to salvage since it is new one.... had to ask...

OMD-227
    The halftone test prints you have supplied shows that the transfer belt is old. There is no way that belt is new. The faults pass through all 4 colors at the same line. That means that the belt surface is worn. You can clearly see this along the bottom of the pages. The whole purpose of that particular test page is it will clearly show if the fault is across the whole page or isolated to a single color. Both test prints show several faults across the whole page at the same line. This can only be the primary transfer belt. Are you sure it was replaced with a new one?

There is also many lines caused by the usual drum charge unit wearing out, primarily caused by ozone oxidizing the grid surface. This causes the slightly darker lines through the halftone test print.
    If the drums are nowhere near due for replacement, you can clean the grid with the green pull-out cleaning lever. Run this back & forth a few times and the fault will disappear for a while.

Your main issue here is the primary belt. Abslolutely 100%. They are only very minor faults, and most users would never pick up on this issue at all, but if you are as picky as me on copy quality issues, the primary belt is the problem.
    If you take the primary belt unit out, you will see fine grooves cut into the belt surface. This is normal with wear & tear, but causes the problem on your testpage. Running the halftone print in 64-01 is a great way of seeing it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Then this is a problem. Belt was new and has printed only 400 pages when lines started to appear. And yes user is picky about print quality. What could cause premature damage of belt? Bad blade (had problems with it when i heave replaced it - it was not cleaning ok) or paper that user was using (120g paper)?