Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp MX C310

copierman 250+ Posts
    Sharp MX C310

Sharp MX C310

Hi guys

Im relatively new to Sharp kit and would like to know your thoughts on the MX C-310

I have had the fuser bearing go and also several incidents where as the fuser release actuator has snapped, since fitting the latest actuator all has been well.

What are you thoughts on said machine?

P.s. also thoughts on MX-C 2700 - 3100 please.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Technician
    MX-C&B401's, Same as the 311 "I believe" have weak fusers, or weak fuser bearings, replace the unit, rebuilding is time consuming with mixed results.
    Seems Sharp decided to over engineer these fuser units by placing a Nuclear furnace inside a plastic frame, heat destroys them. Anything over 50k on these fusers I watch closely, seen them die at 35k. Sharp does have a rebate return on fusers that don’t go life.

2700 and 3100's are ok, not even remotely the same as the 311 and 401.
    Last edited by pioneer007; 11-19-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX C310

MXC311 fusers have been upgraded with bigger bearings. The shaft of the heat roller is now smaller to fit the larger bearing. Hopefully that will fix the fuser bearing issues. I have never seen that flag snap in my area but the other guys have seen it a lot. The only thing i can think of is the energy save timers are cranked and the fuser is cooking the plastic. I set them to 1 hour auto shut off and 30 min pre heat.

Im really hoping as a printer these things will be ok, aside from the fuser bearings fail and a squeak in the fuser drive that is fixed with some grease the engine so far has given me no other troubles. The reg unit, side door, paper feed units come out so easy. Each unit is held in with 1-2 screws. Cleaning the optics however sucks as you have to rip the optics frame out. Document feeder is very weak in my opinion. Not a machine you want to put into a high copy / scan / fax enviroment. Move them into a MXM283 or MX2600

The MX2600 3100 are great machines. They go PM to PM and more if you want them to. Easy to work on as well. Just take care of them and they will do the same for you.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    i agree with all that. just had my first fuser bearing collapse which was interesting and had the sensor break a number of times..most annoying feature is having to negotiate the panel by moving the cursor.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    I have about 1 sensor flag a week break. Had 2 or 3 bearing failures. Had 3 scanner failures on new machines after being moved to the customer location. Be careful moving them around as they are not built very strong. I encourage sales staff not to put them in dirty environments since you really can't get to the optics to clean them. Actually the only thing I really like about them is that the components are easy to replace.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    The MX 2600 3100 seem to be great machines.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    There are a few retrofits for the fusers involving the pressure release system. We have also had the main drive gears go on at least three units. You should see a white dusting when they start to go. Also, the ADF is not too great either. We have had many issues with these. But I agree with gwaddle, the 2600 and 3100 seem to be great units. Very few jams overall.

copierman 250+ Posts
    Sharp MX C310

Thanks for the input guys, your comments are very much appreciated.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential