Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mx2310

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    That is exactly what I will be recommending to the run-up guys. Set a new default admin password that only the techs know. If this gets changed by admin end-users and they forget....... well....... I guess it will be machine down for them.
    how about try to do a memory all clear without the serial no.?can admin password back to default?

OMD-227
    I asked that question, as well as all other ways to get around this issue. You'll find it cannot be done. Even alot of secret code stuff is gone. The firmware out of the box for the first 2 production runs has firmware of 02.00. You must update during run-up to 02.02. as this adds alot of new sims, but unfortunately not the one for resetting admin password. We've just got to be very careful and advise all clients during training.
    We are ven making a form that will be signed by their admin, manangement or key users stating that if password is changed then forgotten, without informing us, the consequences include machine being down while eeproms are sent back to HO. A simple form like that will cover all future problems if they arise.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar
    It all looks good Wazza but what concerns me is 600dpi,I'm sure the smoothing feature helps with the image but that's a low DPI. Any concerns for you about that?? Any info would be appreciated

OMD-227
    Well its not 600 x 600, its actually 9600 x 600 with the smoothing feature activated. Trust me, the print & copy quality is amazing. If you thought it was a big jump going from the Pastel1's to the Pastel2's in quality, this is another step again. There is no comparison so far with other MX's. The Aries series (2610, 3110, 3610) coming out as well is the same.

AWESOM !I did read that 9600 x 600 I thought maybe it was a TYPO!!!! Sounds awesome they just recently released them here and ownership just started looking into them.They have an excellent pricepoint especially considering the frontier 2 costs like$ 400 more. Great to here any service issues as of yet?
    The fuser looks as if they combined a LFR and the MX5500's external heater unit to create a new style fuser. Looks very interseting ,keep us posted of your findings seems as though the release down under was way ahead of the US.SWEET!!!!
    Thanks

OMD-227
    Here's a big tip.

DO NOT put the toners in before running 25-02 on run-up.

Install the devs (NO TONERS INSTALLED), then run 25-02, then install toners afterwards.
    Also, in the field, same thing...... when replacing devs, remove the toner cartridge for that particular dev, until the dev adj is completed.

You'll get EE errors galore if you miss this step. You'll have no choice but to replace the dev again.
    Everything has been tried & tested in getting around this, but its a small price to pay.

I personally always have the toners out on run-up & dev replacement, but now it is pretty much compulsory.

Yeah I always setup the 26/31/41/5001n without toners installed. It's a good idea to do on the 23/27/35/4501 as well. Do you have many out in the field yet?

OMD-227
    Yeah, I cant tell you exactly how many, but I remember we did run-ups a few weeks back and there was alot of guys each working on several machines each.

Now its even more stock to cart around, because everything is different again with this series.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    mx2310

So what ever happened with that "cross-platform compatible parts" Sharp was spouting 5 years ago? It sounded like a great idea, just never gonna happen. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=