Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mx2310

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar

mx2310

anyone out there had a look at the mx2310 yet? any thoughts?

Bill

OMD-227
    I'm actually sitting at the airport right now, off for training on the MX2310 at HO this week.

Will let you know info this week.

OMD-227
    So far, very interesting....

Resin frame instead of steel, so weight is incredibly light, while super strong.
    Fuser upper roller is not a roller, but a fuser belt. Even in training it took 1 hour to fully rebuild a the fuser unit. This is not something you want to do in the field... trust me! Its not like any other Sharp fuser I've seen. Also, just to piss me off (as well as Lawrence, the fuser bearings are super small.... even smaller than a Frontier). Theres a oil based cleaning roller for the lower heat roller, a waste toner scraper blade inside the fuser, while having an incredible 10 second warmup.
    Machine does not come with PCL standard. Its an option. However the standard GDI (or SAPL-C Sharp Advanced Printer Language - Color) driver is basically the same, except its a GDI version, so pages are sent as an image from the PC. The PC does all the ripping & processing, not the printer.
    It has new driver features including Trapping, Colorimetric and Smoothing....... both of which I have been asking about for ages!
    It has smart power save modes, activating or disabling power save times depending on recent usage (job log data from last week), color calibration is now done A4 instead of A3, A 4Gb SD card holds all boot, program, fax firmware & excess memory for fax receives, both front & rear USB ports are active (instead of only 1), super easy consumable replacement, a far better image process control function (ability to force procon to run more/less frequently as well as running darker by default, as well as differnt modes for performance or quality modes. Toner density values are now measure by pixel count instead of toner density sensor in dev unit, meaning better continuous toner density over long print runs.
    The 24-30 admin password reset function has been removed completely, so if the admin password is forgotten...... the MFP & PCU eeproms must be sent back to Sharp for reset. Everything else is pretty close to a regular Pastel2, but the fuser is something that is going to annoy everyone.

OMD-227
    A few more notable inclusions........

More Gamma settings in the drivers (for those users complaining the Pastel2's were lighter printes than the Pastel1's), The same cool tray handles as the Dragon3's, A LED copy lamp like the Jupiter3's, A stylus pen for using the touch screen (for those with fatter fingers....), internal finisher with angle staple function, A user data initialisation sequence & report confirmation page (full factory default & format of EVERYTHING in one touch), no more voltages applied to secondary belt unit.... everything is done through primary belt, A corona PTC instead of the ceramic one on the Pastel2's, as well as heaps & heaps of cool new sims.

It does a great job, but will hold my breath on the fuser for now. Great machine all up & great functions & very tech friendly (ex fuser).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    So far, very interesting....

Resin frame instead of steel, so weight is incredibly light, while super strong.
    Fuser upper roller is not a roller, but a fuser belt. Even in training it took 1 hour to fully rebuild a the fuser unit. This is not something you want to do in the field... trust me! Its not like any other Sharp fuser I've seen. Also, just to piss me off (as well as Lawrence, the fuser bearings are super small.... even smaller than a Frontier). Theres a oil based cleaning roller for the lower heat roller, a waste toner scraper blade inside the fuser, while having an incredible 10 second warmup.
    Machine does not come with PCL standard. Its an option. However the standard GDI (or SAPL-C Sharp Advanced Printer Language - Color) driver is basically the same, except its a GDI version, so pages are sent as an image from the PC. The PC does all the ripping & processing, not the printer.
    It has new driver features including Trapping, Colorimetric and Smoothing....... both of which I have been asking about for ages!
    It has smart power save modes, activating or disabling power save times depending on recent usage (job log data from last week), color calibration is now done A4 instead of A3, A 4Gb SD card holds all boot, program, fax firmware & excess memory for fax receives, both front & rear USB ports are active (instead of only 1), super easy consumable replacement, a far better image process control function (ability to force procon to run more/less frequently as well as running darker by default, as well as differnt modes for performance or quality modes. Toner density values are now measure by pixel count instead of toner density sensor in dev unit, meaning better continuous toner density over long print runs.
    The 24-30 admin password reset function has been removed completely, so if the admin password is forgotten...... the MFP & PCU eeproms must be sent back to Sharp for reset. Everything else is pretty close to a regular Pastel2, but the fuser is something that is going to annoy everyone.
    Now what were they thinking to get rid of the sim to re-set the admin password, that has helped out more then once.
    Fusers seem to be a part that drive us all crazy, they love to change them up, make them work better, but never easy to work on.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    mx2310

Regarding the admin password:
    It seems expeditious to select another specific default, other than the Sharp original, then record it in the office service documentation. Then there is no risk of someone reading the admin password out of a forum post, then changing it to ... wait, I forgot. What was it again?

Sounds like a cool machine. Maybe I'll cross paths with it someday. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mx2310

Whats the fuser worth and can you get it as a supply item?

It's easy to repair if you just replace it
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    It's easy to repair if you just replace it

Are Sharp are going the same route as Panasonic ....... £500 {$750} for a Main Service kit on the Dpc range, consisting of a complete Fuser, PTB, STR etc... Single items nearly as expensive as the Full Kit.

So the Dealers get stuffed by the OEM's....again
    Last edited by johnbla; 11-30-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    regards

John

" The Game never ends..When your whole World depends..On the Turn of a Friendly Card..."

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Regarding the admin password:
    It seems expeditious to select another specific default, other than the Sharp original, then record it in the office service documentation.
    That is exactly what I will be recommending to the run-up guys. Set a new default admin password that only the techs know. If this gets changed by admin end-users and they forget....... well....... I guess it will be machine down for them.

great machine@@. wazza,thanks for ur infomation sharing.sharp now learn from canon to improve the warming up duration.haha