Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MXC311/MXCSX2 Jams

I am getting jams with the jam code dpfd2_N4. They will come in to the office in the morning and the machine will show a jam. I am not sure if there is a job stuck in the queue at this point or not but they have to shut the machine of to clear the jam. Opening the lower doors does not clear it. It appears to only jam in Tray 4 when running their legal paper. They were using tray 4 to run legal paper so I switched around the cassettes with no luck. I am going to update to latest firmware and order the tray mods in tech bulletin TB-401. They have only had the machine since september so it is still under warranty. Could we have a faulty cassette? Any input is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Brooks

OMD-227
    A while back I remember there was a firmware upgrade for the CSX trays, primarily because of random jams & 'U6' codes, and you know about the tray mods.

Get the firmware done (updated to ICU 03.03.F1 & PCU 01.10F0 yesterday), the tray mods for the CSX trays, make sure tray settings are correct, rollers are good and see how it goes. There are no other known causes for the jam code you are getting.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You said they updated the firmware to 3.03.f1 and 1.10f0 but I can't seem to find that on the PCservice website. The latest release is from July that I can find.

OMD-227
    The firmware version I listed is what is current here for the engine & peripherals. If you dont have that updated yet on your site, the upgrade to the latest you can as it would include the optional tray upgrades anyway. The latest version fixes several issues with the engine, such as L4-12 & primary transfer blade flip (added function of supplying toner & reversing belt direction in sim).
    You'll get the new versions eventually. We seem to be infront of you guys all the time.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MXC311/MXCSX2 Jams

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    You'll get the new versions eventually. We seem to be infront of you guys all the time.
    Thats becaused they want you to test all the crap. Also easier to ship to the world down under since gravity pulls you there
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

OMD-227
    Yeah...... I'm happy doing all the hard work for you guys up north..... then reporting back with all the answers you need. The hard work has been done already. Man.... someone's gotta do it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    Wazza........you're my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMD-227
    Sarcasm at its greatest right there