Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    richiewhite

Mail Box printing on MX2301

Hi,

I have a large company who have bought a few sharp mx2301s and they want to be able to print to mail boxes.

I have set up custom folders and then pointed a print driver for each user to their own box. This is a long process (over 60+ users)

Is there anyway that i can use LDAP look up so the print driver points each users mail box using there windows log on and there for only having 1 print driver on the server?

Or is there any other way I can do this?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm not real familiar with LDAP, but I don't think there's a way to do it with that. I would think you could do it with a logon script, but not sure. I accomplished what you're looking for doing by what I've attached. The first thing you do is create all your users in the web page. Even if you're not using authentication, you should still do this as it saves the end users steps. Then set the print preferences for each user like the image. This will hold all the jobs on the HDD. When the users come up to the MFP, they select their name & enter their password. At that point, all the jobs for that user are released at once. No need to go to a custom box & print them or anything.
    User Settings.JPG
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

OMD-227
    Yep, its called Batch Printing.

I dont think that this series can support it though. We have plenty of C-Dragons and Venus machines with batch printing activated and working exactly like what you are asking of.

I'll look into it for you.

OMD-227
    It actually is supported on the 2301's but not as detailed as the bigger MX machines. The password protection feature is not supported. That means that anyone can print anyone elses documents in the document filing list.

Once batch printing is enabled in document filing settings, you simply perform what Tony has described above, select multiple jobs with the multi-print button, then select batch print.

The C-Dragons & Venus machines we have in the field with batch printing enabled, also use a system called Softlog. softlog

This is a device which automates the batch printing process, as well as keeping track of users and all machine expenses, especially in lawyers & solicitors offices where charging their clients for copies/prints is important. Check out the link I have listed. Its a decent little box, most of them running windows 2000 or XP in the background, so you can also use it for accessing the browser in any emergency.
    You guys would probably have something similar where you are, considering that is an Australian company & device.

As for LDAP automaticaly sending the print job through someones login is not supported.

richiewhite
    Thanks for your help on this

Tony - The way you suggested would work but would i still have to set this up locally on each persons PC. If I put in a user ID on the server then they would all go to the same user and the customer doesn't want to put in their ID every time they print.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I would think writing a script to take care of the install would work. It's still as time consuming as going around & doing it on the workstations. At our VA, I just had them send an email out instructing the end users how to set up their own batch printing.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook