Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2300N F1-10 Finisher Stapler Motor abnormality

Hello,
    Trying to fix a f1-10 error message on the sharp mx-2300n.

The service manual says its a staple motor abnormality.

I can not see anything wrong on the stapler unit, the motor on the stapler unit appears to be working, it will load staples and even spit some bent staples out into the finisher cavity, but will always display the f1-10 error message.

Is there a sensor on the stapler unit that detects its timing or gear revolution?

The customer doesn't even need the stapler, i've tried taking the staples out, ive tired disconnecting the stapler motor, even disabled the stapler in settings with no lucky (still throws the error code) so if someone knows a work around to take the stapler out of the loop or to prevent the machine from initializing the stapler that would help a lot.

Some additional info; the finisher is the small internal sort/staple finsiher, and if I manually turn the stapler motor gear to a different position, and turn the machine on, it will not throw the error code until the stapler is selected or the finisher is opened, the machine is turned off or when it comes out of sleep.

Any help would be great!!!

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar
    Hey,

I resume you're talking about the MX-FNX1?
    Can you check all sensors? I think that he doesn't find a position.
    Try to test both sensors and motor. Maybe a final solution to replace the control pwb.

good luck!

mtrmol
    powered by
    Is there any cable breakage of the staple to the PCB?

good luck!

OMD-227
    Oh No.... You've got a broken staple harness!!

I know this code well. F1-10 on a MXFNX1 is a broken wiring harness. Boy.... are you going to have some fun replacing this.

Send me your email and I'll forward to you the instructions on repairing this (it aint fun by the way!).

smiler6786

Re: Sharp MX-2300N F1-10 Finisher Stapler Motor abnormality

I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes when starting up it fires 2 random staples which causes the F1-10 error. How did you resolve this in the end? Did it take a loom replacement?

Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Hello,
    Trying to fix a f1-10 error message on the sharp mx-2300n.

The service manual says its a staple motor abnormality.

I can not see anything wrong on the stapler unit, the motor on the stapler unit appears to be working, it will load staples and even spit some bent staples out into the finisher cavity, but will always display the f1-10 error message.

Is there a sensor on the stapler unit that detects its timing or gear revolution?

The customer doesn't even need the stapler, i've tried taking the staples out, ive tired disconnecting the stapler motor, even disabled the stapler in settings with no lucky (still throws the error code) so if someone knows a work around to take the stapler out of the loop or to prevent the machine from initializing the stapler that would help a lot.

Some additional info; the finisher is the small internal sort/staple finsiher, and if I manually turn the stapler motor gear to a different position, and turn the machine on, it will not throw the error code until the stapler is selected or the finisher is opened, the machine is turned off or when it comes out of sleep.

Any help would be great!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This was a long while ago, but I do believe it was the stapler harness

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

If I recall correctly it is the harness. Believe it or not as long as you remove the harness anchor points from the finisher it really isn't all that bad. Disconnect all connections and you can use the original harness as a snake to pull the new one into place. I've don't it many times and believe me it makes life so much easier ! Just take your time and be careful. Cut one end of the old/bad harness and electrical tape it securely to the new on and snake it through slowly and gently

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

yup its the harness. and there was updated firmware to help prevent this from happening (stops the useless and random stapler movement causing wire wear i believe)

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

I'm sure someone posted a detailed "how to" with photos regarding the removal of the staple unit.

willko

Hi All,

We have an MX-2614 and we are getting the F1-10 error,... but we do not have a staple finisher..?
    I found this for the MX-2614:

Code: F1-10
    Description: Staple operation trouble
    Causes: Staple motor trouble. Finisher control PWB trouble. Home position sensor trouble.
    Remedy: Use SIM3-3 to check the operation of the staple motor. Use SIM3-2 to check the operation of the home position sensor. Replace the staple motor. Check connection of the connector and the harness. Replace the home position sensor. Replace the finisher control PWB.

Just started a few days ago... Any ideas on how to fix..? Can I disable anything in settings to tell printer there is no stapler..?

Thanks!