Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FNX1 Stapling Issue

Truth be know, with this Unit, I would have thought the Firmware was good - and would not have attributed the Stapler not working to Firmware. But, point well taken, I should have Flashed it first.

Whenever I get new equipment in, I always Flash it - if it is called for. Always.

This Stapling Unit I got in was from a Remarketer. The Unit is approx 4-yrs old. You would have figured it would have been Flashed, updated - but again, this is something I should have checked and done myself if needed.

Technician 250+ Posts
    I am probably way off on this: We service both Canon and Sharp here. In a number of cases they appear to actually use the same finishers to include stapler units (neither Canon nor Sharp make their own). It is possible your stapler unit can be cross-referenced with a Canon unit you have on hand - or could send it to a repair service like NWSR. We had a staple unit on a customer's Canon go down, replaced it with one we took out of a Sharp on our floor, sent the canon for repair, then put it in the Sharp. Both finishers are running fine. your milage may vary.

BTW: The broken part in the Canon appears to have been the same part as yours. Second or third finisher unit with that issue and still have not figured out how a part so out of the way just snaps.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FNX1 Stapling Issue

This is good to know that one works with the other - I'd have to double check that but it makes some sense. The part that broke - either it is flimsy or, as I related earlier, I think the operator must be trying to put it in the wrong way, and when it doesn't go as they expect, they start to force it in and this is probably what causes that Arm to brake. It is the only thing I can think of and as I have seen some off the wall things a client can do to a machine, things they know that they're not supposed to do, but because it worked one time - a light goes off in their thinking - Yreka!!! It worked, now I'll do it again. Until it brakes!!!

Question? Who is NWSR? Where are they located? You're saying they repair the Stapling Unit? If so, how much do they charge?

Thanks for the input.

Technician 250+ Posts
    NWRS is Nation-Wide Repair Service, phone: 866-655-8676 - tech spt (and they do help) 800-798-1814. No idea on price as the guy that does the PO is out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FNX1 Stapling Issue

Still working out this issue. I thought that the broken arm was the cause for the Stapling Unit not working - I was wrong. I think your suggestion about the Sensors is probably the right answer. I'll let you know the outcome. I didn't doubt your suggestion, but when I saw that boken piece I figured that was a good reason for the Unit not working.

I learn something everyday.

OMD-227
    Gotta be sensors. As I said earlier, F1-19 & F1-20 has always been either the sensor, spring or sluggish sensor arm causing those codes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FNX1 Stapling Issue

I think your right - I'll let yoju know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FNX1 Stapling Issue

I finally change out the Spring, Sensor, and Sensor Arm. I still come up with the F1-20 Code. I took things apart, checked all connections. When I did this I got the Stapler to work - the only thng was it was stapling, running staples, but it wasn't stapling the paper. Then I took things apart again, and ran the stapler. I got the F1-20 code then I got a F1-08 Code. I checked the voltage as suggested - all showed okay. I'm missing something here, probably something simple, but can't seem to get my hands on the issue. That's my update on things.