Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Friend, YOU!!! Would NOT BE a TECH, if you didn't have a "go for it" gift.!!! Yes we often stumble or have to get the laptop out or even "THE BOOK(BIBLE) So Bloody WHAT???? This "job" requires "quick thinking" as well as cust. satisfaction. Make iT sO # 1.

What i am trying to tell you i guess, is that, there are NO EASY ANSWERS sometimes. Take my advice, become a "DUCK"!!!
    That probably sounds a bit weird/funny, but I tell you this frm my MR COPYMAN FIX EVERYTHING@LITTLE or No Cost, experiences of 25 yrs in the biz. I'm NOT saying "duck" your problem calls/custs, But Let THEM UNLOAD on YOU and being a duck, you PAY ATTENTION to their DEMANDS, and "LIKE A DUCK" they roll off your shoulders as they should each nite cuz Lord knws there will be MORE 2mrrw!!! Hang Tuff!!! the "FUN" is always meeting new people(yum) and seeing how "other" folks make a living!!! You R THE HERO when you arrive. K
    Lord Help you if you leave the box worse than whn you arrived!!!!! Always!!!! keep your Head to the Sky!!!!

jon
    IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL
    THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Trouble Code "H4-04" on Sharp DX-C311

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Definitely put in a 32FU. All the mods are done with this unit. A quick visual inspection will show much larger roller bearings on the 32FU. Thats the good one!!
    Are there any other indications to tell the difference?

I pulled the fuser out and saw that it said "FRTFU8002519Y" , but it doesn't seem to tell me anything about what you were talking about.

OMD-227
    Not really any markings on the new fuser type. The production change was made from August 2010, so check the serial number of your machine. If you look inside the fuser unit, the bearings are much bigger/wider on the new type. The original MXC31FU bearings are small & thin.

mxc bearings.JPG

All the other mods are already done inside the fuser unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Not really any markings on the new fuser type. The production change was made from August 2010, so check the serial number of your machine. If you look inside the fuser unit, the bearings are much bigger/wider on the new type. The original MXC31FU bearings are small & thin.

mxc bearings.JPG

All the other mods are already done inside the fuser unit.
    thanks

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    These fusers are fairly simple but have a lot of issues. On the Sharp site, it has 8 pages of mods and retrofits, alot fuser related. Even the modded pressure release flags crack, had one today and one yesterday. I knock down the temp a bit as they seem to run hot. I agree that the 32FU is a better unit; no calls on the ones we have.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    These fusers are fairly simple but have a lot of issues. On the Sharp site, it has 8 pages of mods and retrofits, alot fuser related. Even the modded pressure release flags crack, had one today and one yesterday. I knock down the temp a bit as they seem to run hot. I agree that the 32FU is a better unit; no calls on the ones we have.
    Yeah, I have read through all I can take about the bulletins and such on the fuser! haha

Several bulletins on the H4-04 and firmware being the "fix". I have had the pressure release flag issue as well.

What temp do you actually knock down?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I think the default is about 190 F, when we drop the temp we usually don't drop it more than 5 degrees F or so.

We have several frontiers floating around here, tons of fuser problems. On most of our other machines we max out power save mode and turn off auto power shut off. On these, we try to keep as close to the default settings for power save and turn off auto power shut off only when the customer requests it (99% of the time). Our thinking is to let these things cool down every once in a while considering how hot they get in such a small box, not to mention the relatively poor ventilation.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CBMWilson View Post
    I think the default is about 190 F, when we drop the temp we usually don't drop it more than 5 degrees F or so.

Our thinking is to let these things cool down every once in a while considering how hot they get in such a small box, not to mention the relatively poor ventilation.
    One of our other offices cranks the energy save timers and they complain about the flag breaking all the time. Ive had 1 break so far but my shut off is set for 60 min and 20 min pre heat which i think help alot.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    One of our other offices cranks the energy save timers and they complain about the flag breaking all the time. Ive had 1 break so far but my shut off is set for 60 min and 20 min pre heat which i think help alot.
    Can you and./or anyone else really break down any changes you are making specifically. I don't want to change the wrong thing.

Especially anything with the "pre-heat". That is when this machine seems to throw the code. The code itself talks of not getting to the right temp (it is low)...... and it usually shows up once the machine has been powered off.

I changed :

43 - 1

165 ---> 150 just to test what that would do overnight and it didn't throw the code this AM.... so I am hopeful this may have solved it. I will likely bump it up a touch cuz 15 is a lot, but we don't use it much and it is our office unit so I had some leeway on quality if it was too low

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If i have to change the temps, I'll generally change 43-1 A-I down by 5 degrees. Any more and I start worrying about tracking or poor fusing.

That particular code appears to refer to the TH_EX which is the external heat roller thermistor. It requires a higher temperature setting than the upper or lower heat rollers. You might also try to increase the time allowed to come to ready which appears to be 83 seconds (item L on 43-1).

Is there any thing external that could affect warm-up? Nearby ventilation, exterior window?

I'm working from the MX-C311 manual so hopefully the settings are the same for the DX version.
    Last edited by CBMWilson; 01-07-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Started with the B401 manual; settings not the came for color machines