Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MXM450 - L4-02 code

Zootech beat me to it.

That's what I get for doing calls and leaving messages open waiting to be completed when I return... Train of thought's on the right track, it's just running a little late

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We do have a way to get ahold of a copy of "p" roms. We have tried to copy from cn5 -> cn6 and that worked copying the good roms to the roms we needed flashed. When we tried to copy cn4 -> cn6 it did not work though. it would say NG instantly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcrandall13 View Post
    We do have a way to get ahold of a copy of "p" roms. We have tried to copy from cn5 -> cn6 and that worked copying the good roms to the roms we needed flashed. When we tried to copy cn4 -> cn6 it did not work though. it would say NG instantly.
    The story about a mess "U" in "N" in-series Jupiter 1, 2 - is as old as this world ... You are moving in the right direction. But you just at the beginning of this path.
    Last edited by vlad_; 02-12-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MXM450 - L4-02 code

It's BAAAAAAACK! Man do I hate this machine...
    Customer called earlier this week saying L4-02 returned. We had them reset the machine and the code went away. The next morning the code returned and would not reset. Sent my techs over to take a look and drum auger was broken. They replaced with new process unit but code remained even after multiple attempts to reset using sim 14,16 etc. We brought the machine in our office today. The first thing I attempted to look at was the history. Especially after recently being told by my contract personnel that there are some copy count discrepancies lately. I checked the current count and it was 454,962. I got the code to clear by testing the machine using sim 6-1-5 to run the drum motor without the drum or DV in it. I reset the machine again and was able to run 200 copies with no problems. I printed a 22-6 data print and shut the machine off. I powered it back on and printed some pages form the internal print sim, 64-1. I printed a 22-6 again and noticed that the total count was lower than the previous 22-6's total count... Weird right? So i shut the machine off again, turned it back on and the count reset to 454,962! WTF! Every time you shut this machine off it resets the count to that number. I've never seen this before. I am going to reflash the firmware with a "P" version for sure this time. I also reseated the flash rom and EEPROM. If i remember correctly the count data and serial number are stored on the EEPROM. Could it be a problem with that? Any input is appreciated.

MXM450 - L4-02 code

If there was a problem with the EEPROM it would throw up a U6 code, and as for the drum augur breaking it could potentially be that some toner had settled in it and broke it when they fired it up. I have no idea about the meter resetting itself, that's a new one for sure...

Didn't get any resolution posts from you prior, so what was the fix for it 9 months ago?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Main drive, delivery unit, registration unit, process unit, DV box, the frame that holds the DV box in place, along with firmware upgrades and a new PCU.

MXM450 - L4-02 code

There's a bulletin about getting L4-02 with everything turning freely, as it seems to be the case.

Clean and lubricate DV joint shaft in the Main Drive Unit (Section 4, item 2 in the parts manual).

However, as you've said you replaced the whole main drive unit, I'm not entirely certain if this would be the fix... Something to check regardless, as the factory grease can still be bad sometimes. Otherwise it looks like the last resort would be to change out the PCU PWB, and you did not list it as something you've replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    There's a bulletin about getting L4-02 with everything turning freely, as it seems to be the case.

Clean and lubricate DV joint shaft in the Main Drive Unit (Section 4, item 2 in the parts manual).

However, as you've said you replaced the whole main drive unit, I'm not entirely certain if this would be the fix... Something to check regardless, as the factory grease can still be bad sometimes. Otherwise it looks like the last resort would be to change out the PCU PWB, and you did not list it as something you've replaced.
    drum motor replaced?

MXM450 - L4-02 code

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    drum motor replaced?
    Not sure, not my problem machine. ^_^

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    drum motor replaced?
    Yes the drum motor was replaced.