Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pooltoy

Post Sharp AR-M350N Help?!

Hi,
    I am not a copier tech. I own a couple web sites and a retail store and pool service company.
    I can fix almost anything. I recently moved from a busy area, Chesapeake, VA part of Hampton Roads Va, near Norfolk, and Va Beach etc. I am looking for some help.
    I have a Sharp AR-M350N printer Fax etc, and have always had a service contract on it so I didn't need to worry about it. Since I moved to this little town, in NC, there is no one to service it here, that is a problem. It has been fine for about a year and now I am getting more paper jams, from tray 1 where it seems like it will not pick up, and streaked prints, with like ghost copies of the printing. I have the manual, but it does not get into maintenance very well. Can you guys steer me in the right direction, I am used to being my own IT Dept for the computers and network, but this is kind of new to me. I was about to just start buying toner cartridges, and drums to throw at it but do not have money to waste. Plus I do not think changing the drum is as easy as the toner.
    Hope you guys can help.
    Thanks, Brian D.

OMD-227
    Definitely sounds like its due for service. Even though you sound like a person who tinkers & fixes many things, servicing a copier like that is something that I highly recommend you get someone in to help you with.
    You'll need several different maintenance kit items & probably feed rollers too. Throwing money at parts you dont know what they are or do is a waste of your time.
    I hear you that there is no-one around who can service your machine, but doing this yourself is really not an option. There are too many things that can go really wrong if you dont know exactly what you're doing and playing around in service mode can cause other problems if you press something wrong.
    Changing toner cartridge will not help your print/copy quality issues. This is an internal machine service issue.
    I wish you well in your search for a qualified tech to come & help you out.

Pooltoy

Sell it then

I guess the sharp ar-350 is not designed for rural areas

OMD-227
    Show me a machine that is!

For 10 years I was based in a rural area, covering a radius of 200kms from a central point. It was alot of travelling, but I looked after everything from desktop to production machines. I specifically looked after clients just like you...... one machine, no-where near anything else.

Its not about your location, its about having the techs to look after it in your area. Doesnt matter what machine you have. A small desktop machine that costs bugger-all to purchase will still need a service oneday.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    There are a number of Sharp dealers and service agents in NC. I'm just to the west in SE Tennessee and we deal with a few over there for inter-dealer sales and service. Wazza's got the right idea, you really need to find a service tech to come out and help you with that. While the symptoms sound familiar there's a number of things you'd want to know and be familiar with to service those machines.

If you haven't tried before this might help you find a local service agent: Service Locations | Customer Support | SHARP Electronics

Or call 1-800-BE-SHARP (237-4277)

Just taking a guess and don't quote me on it, it sounds like it's in need of drum, developer, a maintenance kit or two, and possibly a fuser rebuild.

Pooltoy

Thank you guys,

You both have been helpful in keeping me from trying this myself.
    I'll contact sharp. I like this machine and don't want to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CBMWilson View Post
    There are a number of Sharp dealers and service agents in NC. I'm just to the west in SE Tennessee and we deal with a few over there for inter-dealer sales and service. Wazza's got the right idea, you really need to find a service tech to come out and help you with that. While the symptoms sound familiar there's a number of things you'd want to know and be familiar with to service those machines.

If you haven't tried before this might help you find a local service agent: Service Locations | Customer Support | SHARP Electronics

Or call 1-800-BE-SHARP (237-4277)

Just taking a guess and don't quote me on it, it sounds like it's in need of drum, developer, a maintenance kit or two, and possibly a fuser rebuild.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M350N Help?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooltoy View Post
    Hi,
    I am not a copier tech. I own a couple web sites and a retail store and pool service company.
    I can fix almost anything...
    Thanks, Brian D.
    I used to think that I could fix anything, too, ... until I started doing this. You made the right choice. It's extremely easy to make $300/$400 mistakes. It's not as easy as it looks. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M350N Help?!

That machine is nothing but a giant printer. The one part that does all the printing (giving you streaks in print jobs) is basically a cube and would fit nicely into the trunk of a car.

If it's going to cost you a arm and a leg to have a tech come to your location you could tinker with the idea of taking the machine to a sharp dealer to get it's work done. The downside is you won't get the rest of the machine checked over (document feeder, finisher if equiped, paper feed desk etc). Tray 1 is part of the printer section how ever so they could check that.

If possible get a tech, if you want to take it to a dealer we can tell you how to remove the printer section (does your machine have a finisher? Which side is it on?).
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Call the dealer/tech, have him do the initial service. Buy him lunch, be friendly and ask what all you can do to keep him from having to drive all the way out to where you are. If he's like most techs, anything you can do to indulge in his laziness will benefit you in the long run. Once, as an on-site tech, had a tech give me schematics, service manuals, parts lists & bulletins for a GBC unit just so he wouldn't have to make a 4 hour round trip.

Personally, I loved road trips, as I was on a straight mileage reimbursement and would peel the top off the Jeep in nice weather.

I can help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooltoy View Post
    Hi,
    I can fix almost anything. I recently moved from a busy area, Chesapeake, VA part of Hampton Roads Va, near Norfolk, and Va Beach etc. I am looking for some help.
    I have a Sharp AR-M350N printer Fax etc, and have always had a service contract on it so I didn't need to worry about it. Since I moved to this little town, in NC, there is no one to service it here, that is a problem. It has been fine for about a year and now I am getting more paper jams, from tray 1 where it seems like it will not pick up, and streaked prints, with like ghost copies of the printing. I have the manual, but it does not get into maintenance very well. Can you guys steer me in the right direction, I am used to being my own IT Dept for the computers and network, but this is kind of new to me. I was about to just start buying toner cartridges, and drums to throw at it but do not have money to waste. Plus I do not think changing the drum is as easy as the toner.
    Hope you guys can help.
    Thanks, Brian D.

I can help you! I'm a Sharp Technician. My Skype is : Israelpirro. Try to have a web confernce in the same place that you Ar-m350n is ok? i will tell you step by step what you have to do