Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sweaking noise in the MXM453

I have had plenty of calls in reference to sweaking noise while the machine is running, I have been cleaning the drive gears and putting litho grease on the drive gears. But the noise is re-occuring. Does anyone have a solution, I'll be appreciated.

OMD-227
    Run sim 6 motor tests to isolate where the noise is coming from.
    I've always found PFM, RRM, FUM, POMF motor tests will isolate the noise to that particular item or its associated drive component.

The MX color & newer MXM b/w machines have always been abit squeaky. The black transport guide rollers on the lower side door or the BPT follower pressure rollers in the main side door are very commonly squeaky.

I've always found the cheaper the paper used, the more dusty it is as well. The excess paper dust gets into the gap betwen the nylon/pastic roller on the metal shaft, dry out the factory lubrication and starts the squeaky noises.

The PF drive unit is another item which makes alot of squeaks too. Taking the PF drive unit apart & properly cleaning/lubricating the brass bushings for each shaft does wonders!

Overall, all the newer range of Sharp's do tend to be squeaky. Its not just you. Trace the problem, lubricate the crap out of it and run it in. Just dont get any lubrication on shafts with a clutch nearby!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sweaking noise in the MXM453