Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    92DIESEL

AR-M350U - For a Girl Scout Troop

Hello,

We recently received a donation of a Sharp AR-M350U copier for our Girl Scout Troop.

So, no, I am not a tech.

I have a few questions, if anyone can help, we thank you in advance.

1- It has an auditor on it (SF-EA12) can this be removed? (Found a code in the service cards to enter to let us copy)

2- We can print to it using a parallel cable, but receive the message ##Your entered account code is not registered, however printing was completed. Consult your key operator for registration of account code. ##

3- We installed a new toner cartridge, and the first 10 copies we perfect, but now the entire paper has streaks and a shadow of what was printed half way over, almost like it made a duplicate copy 4" over, just not as dark.

One thing to point out was that when it was delivered to us it was laying on its back, Don't know if that does anything or not, just letting you know.

I called a company here locally and they want $200 just to come out. We just can not afford that right now, so any charity of information that you men can give us will be much appreciated.

Thank you again,
    Troop 40726
    Last edited by 92DIESEL; 02-09-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added info

OMD-227
    The most critical part of that entire post, was the fact you mentioned it was laying on its back.

Believe me..... that ain't good at all!
    If there is no developer & toner spills through that machine, it would be a miracle. I would totally say that the cause of any copy quality issues is the fact it was transported very incorrectly. Copiers are not designed for that at all.

The auditor can be removed, but it generally involves accessing the PCU board, to disconnect cabling, and entering service mode 26 to disable the settings for any coin box/swipe card device which has been installed. This will help with the messages you receive when printing.

Best advice, get in a tech. Shop around. They will have the parts needed and the experience to help you out.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    The most critical part of that entire post, was the fact you mentioned it was laying on its back.

Best advice, get in a tech. Shop around. They will have the parts needed and the experience to help you out.
    Agree totally; see if you can find a dealership like ours that jumps at a chance for charity work (re: tax write off) or maybe barter for cookies.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Agree totally; see if you can find a dealership like ours that jumps at a chance for charity work (re: tax write off) or maybe barter for cookies.
    Typical......

I knew you'd jump at helping the girl scouts!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I bought 2 boxes of cookies yesterday. To the original poster, if you send me an email at paul@justmanuals.com I'll send you a free copy of the parts & service manual.

Paul

92DIESEL
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post

Believe me..... that ain't good at all!
    If there is no developer & toner spills through that machine, it would be a miracle. I would totally say that the cause of any copy quality issues is the fact it was transported very incorrectly. Copiers are not designed for that at all.

The auditor can be removed, but it generally involves accessing the PCU board, to disconnect cabling, and entering service mode 26 to disable the settings for any coin box/swipe card device which has been installed. This will help with the messages you receive when printing.

Just an FYI. Thankfully the toner was completely empty before it was shipped. Sure hope that helps.

One more thing, is there any way to get a copy of the software that runs this thing? I think they said it was sharpdesk, but they did not have any of the original documents or software.

Thank you again all!

OMD-227
    Yes, having an empty toner during transport would help alot, but I'd hate to see the developer unit right now.

A damaged dev unit or possible fuser unit damage (or pressure levers up) would be causing the 'shadow/duplicate' image you mentioned.

I still say you'll be needed a qualified tech check this unit out, especially if it was not upright.

As for the software, the drivers are freely available on the Sharp website in your country. This will enable PC printing.
    Scanning software (sharpdesk) is usually also available to download, but you'll need the sharpdesk licence that comes with the machine. You'll also need the optional scanning hardware installed in the machine, as well as use the network card, not parallel.

Get a tech. My good deed of the day.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If it's a U version, you won't have scanning unless the network board & scanning have been added.
    Downloads | Drivers | Manuals | SHARP Customer Support Electronics Here's where you can get the drivers.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 92DIESEL View Post
    ... 2- We can print to it using a parallel cable, but receive the message ##Your entered account code is not registered, however printing was completed. Consult your key operator for registration of account code. ##

Troop 40726
    In the driver properties there is a section called job accounting, or something like that. Your machine has been set up to track usage by job accounting ID #. When you remove the auditor, and change the setting in simulation 26 that message will go away.

If you have gathered from the others, laying a copier on it's back is comparable to laying your car on its roof. It's just not designed to sit that way. And it will be extremely dirty at best.

I agree with the others that you really need a professional to address these problems. Unfortunately, amateurs often end up costing themselves even more in the end. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

92DIESEL
    Thank you all very much for your support.

Anyone near the eastern panhandle of West Virginia? We have cookies!

Seriously though, thank you all.