Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Coin op machiens

What are your experiences like for offering coin op options on Sharp Machines? We have a bid we need to put out and we have never used a coin op option on any Sharps. What all is needed? Is there an OSA app that would replace a coin op system. The machines are being used in a college.
    A question that was asked is are there any companies out there who could provide an OSA app that would allow you to purchase "copy credits" on a card and manage them?
    Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Coin op machiens

I've never seen a coin op Sharp, and only one coin op Ricoh. Let me know how this turns out for you, and good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I dont know about OSA but i have 3 mxm450 in a college with both coin-op and card reader. Can't remember what brand but i have no problem at all with them.

Installation was pretty easy as long as you know the pin-out and the required voltages.

You have interface cable available at Sharp to connect external vending machine.

We have Post offices and colleges using every thing from MX4100 to AR168 using both vend units and equitrac card reader devices. AR168 is not a good choice for vending. All new models have connector on PCU pwb for connecting vend and as long as you get harness from Sharp, you just connect up and activate vend mode in TC26-03. Works good. Havent seen any OSA apps. You would have to contact Sharp for that info.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    How does that work with the card reader?

Technician
    Coin op machiens

I think the biggest vendor that is real knowledgeable on Coin Op units is Jamex: www.jamexvending.com They may be a good place to call & see what they have for the Sharp models you're looking to place.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    Jamex (where I work) sells Vend Stations. We have a multiple price solution (Different prices for color v B/W and paper size). We can take cash, credit cards or account based print and copy tracking. Give us a call (8:30 - 5:00 EDT) and talk to one of our customer sales reps. The number is at our web site.
    We were invited to the Sharp Dealer Convention that just ended in LA. We showed our products there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I'll discuss it with our sales staff and maybe give a call in the next couple of days. Thanks guys.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    I posted so quickly yesterday I didn't notice the that ext148 beat me to the reply.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    From what I see we could use swipe card readers but does anyone know if you can use a USB barcode scanner to read cards. Some of our customers already have ID's with Barcodes already on them. If we could get the Sharp MX2600 to read what the Barcode scanner is scanning we would be set.