Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Help with Network Scanning with Sharp AR-M155

Hello,

I have just installed the Network Expansion Kit (ARNB2N) on my printer and after hours of struggling I managed to get it to print from my PC (cable link to router) and from the laptop (wireless). However, I haven't had any luck with the scanning part.

The manual says that scanning is only available if the computer is directly connected to the machine via USB. Does this mean that I lose the scanner if I want to have the printer as a separate device on my LAN?

If I try to scan from the machine, the following appears on the display:

SCAN USING:
    INPUT ADDRESS / GLOBAL ADDRESS (changes when I press the arrows).

I remember that it said SC1 / SC2 / SC3 etc. when my computer was runing XP (Win 7 x64 - now).

The machine description says: "Network Printing/Scanning" so scanning must be possible one way or another, but how?

Before I got the Network Kit I was using SharpDesk 3.2.

Any advice would be welcome

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

With Win 7, you'll need SD v3.3; but Sharp does not support wireless scanning to my knowledge.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician
    I didn't have any issues using SD 3.2 on Win 7 before - when the PC was connected to the machine via USB.

Now when I launch SD and try to acquire from the scanner, it says "The machine is not connected."

I don't want to be able to scan via wireless. I want to be able to scan from/to the PC. The connection here is: PC to router - router to machine.

I guess SD cannot connect to the machine via the router. But if the official specifications of the MFP say Network scan (scan to e-mail/FTP server/desktop)" there must be a way.

For example, what do I write for INPUT ADDRESS or GLOBAL ADDRESS? I tried inputting the machine IP but this didn't work.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can you access the copier internal web page ? So you can configure scan to email /ftp...
    Usually input address = u enter an email adress manually
    global adress = ldap

Technician
    I just managed to access the machine internal webpage - I realized I was typing the wrong IP.

But it won't let me in - I don't know the user name/password. I looked in the manual but there's no mention of the default user name. I tried the device name (Q41116) and the default password mention in the manual (Sharp) but these didn't work.

EDIT: admin / Sharp --- did the job. I can login now. I am not sure what settings I need to make, but that's still some progress

I also tried "LDAP" for global address but the machine says: "Searching... Network Error CE-02".

Before that I tried writing "SC1" and "SC2" and "192.168.0.100" (the PC IP) for "input address" - it seems to accept these, lets me set the page size and then says "scanning..." after about 30 seconds it shows the above error.

EDIT 2: I am trying to enter a Desktop Destination from the Destination Management page but everytime I try to save my input, I get the following error:
    "ERROR[937]: Scanner is in use now. Cannot service request. Please try later."

I tried restarting the machine. No change. Interestingly, I get the same error when I try to add an Email Destination as well.
    Last edited by cheeseus; 03-16-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Make sure the machine is at the "copy" screen when trying to edit things from the web page. I know on the newer machines it will not save any settings unless you are on the copy screen on the MFP.

Technician
    Changed to "Copy" and I was able to write the new destination!

I added a Desktop destination - my PC, with its IP 192.168.0.100 - it appeared on the list of destinations as "001".

I then tried inputting "001" for "Input address" and for "global address" but all I get is the "Network Error CE-02".

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Changed to "Copy" and I was able to write the new destination!

I added a Desktop destination - my PC, with its IP 192.168.0.100 - it appeared on the list of destinations as "001".

I then tried inputting "001" for "Input address" and for "global address" but all I get is the "Network Error CE-02".
    In the Network Scanner Tool at the PC, > Profile tab, uncheck any profiles and apply. When the response is successful, recheck the profiles and apply. It should come back with a successful response, this re-establishes the MFP with the PC. I really think you'll have troubles though with WIN 7 without the SD v3.3.

Technician
    I don't think I have the Network Scanner Tool... I read that it is bundled with SharpDesk, but I don't see it as a program entry, nor can I find it within SharpDesk.

When installing SharpDesk, is the NST an option? I may have unticked it because when I installed SD I didn't have the Newtork Expansion Kit. If "yes", will reinstalling SD help?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    I don't think I have the Network Scanner Tool... I read that it is bundled with SharpDesk, but I don't see it as a program entry, nor can I find it within SharpDesk.

When installing SharpDesk, is the NST an option? I may have unticked it because when I installed SD I didn't have the Newtork Expansion Kit. If "yes", will reinstalling SD help?
    Open SD and under the Tools drop down at the top, go to Product Configuration, you'll find NST there.