Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    The Product Configuration option is greyed out

Guess that means I need to find SD 3.3?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It is installed when you install Sharpdesk. If you browse the start menu under programs/sharpdesk the network scanner took should be in there. Opening this up and running it should input the address entries into the machine for you.

Technician
    It's not in the Start menu Sharpdesk folder. There are only these items there:
    1. Sharpdesk Imaging
    2. Sharpdesk
    3. Start Index Status Display
    4. Uninstall

I also looked in the installation directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sharp\Sharpdesk. The only thing which seems close is "NetScanProcessDef.dll"

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Do you have/need a copy of SD 3.3? I believe it is just an upgrade from 3.2. It uses the same serial #.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcrandall13 View Post
    Do you have/need a copy of SD 3.3? I believe it is just an upgrade from 3.2. It uses the same serial #.
    The machine I have, the AR-M155 is only offered with SD 2.7. I will ask a Sharp technician if he can find me SD 3.3 with serial. The version I have now, 3.2, didn't ask me for a serial during installation.

Isn't there a way to change whatever needs changing without this network tool? I mean, the settings may be written in an editable text file...

EDIT: I just read in a post here that Windows Firewall could be blocking the connections, which would return the CE-02 error code. However, I remember allowing the machine to access the internet when asked by Firewall.
    Last edited by cheeseus; 03-16-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    When you install the network scanner tool, it create a entry in your adress book and make a link between your computer and the copier so you can scan to your desktop. You need NTS installed or you will always get that error trying to scan. Adding your IP manually wont work.

Technician
    Just installed SD 3.31B.

The Product Configuration menu is active, but when it expands, there are no submenus.

During installation, the wizard did not offer a "typical" or "custom" installation choice. And there is no Network Scanner Tool item in the Start Menu or in the application folder in C:\Program Files\Sharp\Sharpdesk ....

I have no idea what is wrong. Can I get the NST separately from somewhere?

EDIT: In order to avoid any issues surrponding the possible automatic IP change, because I am using a DHCP server, I assigned a static IP to the machine's MAC address immediatelly after installation as I read that this is one of the main causes for getting the "Network Scanning error: CE-02".
    Last edited by cheeseus; 03-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Did you uninstall SD? From SD2.7 - 3.2 , needed to reboot PC after uninstalled.
    Uninstall whatever SD you have, Reboot PC.
    Install the SD3.3 , not 3.31B(if you're using win7, then 3.31B which require 3.3 too).
    Newer version now is 3.31C.
    Enter your correct serial key.
    Allow any block protocols/firewall. (common port will be 4687, older SD will use 21)
    Cancel all wizards of SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zootech
    Open SD and under the Tools drop down at the top, go to Product Configuration, you'll find NST there.
    Once NST is popup, Create your new profile. And so on....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Here's a link to a guide how to use and configure the ARNB2.

http://support.sharp.net.au/download.../ARNB2A_NS.pdf

Now for your CE-02...like we said, unless you have NST installed or scan to email configure successfuly, you will always get that error code so no need to try to fix it for now.

Technician
    I don't have a serial for SD 3.x and I can't find one from the local technician. The versions I'd previously installed (SD 3.2 and SD 3.31B) simply didn't ask me for a serial or the CD).

Guess I will have to unplug the USB cable from the Network Extension Kit and plug in the USB from the PC every time I want to use the scanner.