Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    To find your serial.
    This may have or not, if your previous serial was enter into the system.

Goto 'Start' -> 'Run' -> 'Regedit' and enter.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> SharpLabs -> Desktop Solutions -> Common
    Look at the 'serial'. And that is your serial number.
    (xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx)

Hope this helps and good luck.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlifter View Post
    To find your serial.
    This may have or not, if your previous serial was enter into the system.

Goto 'Start' -> 'Run' -> 'Regedit' and enter.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> SharpLabs -> Desktop Solutions -> Common
    Look at the 'serial'. And that is your serial number.
    (xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx)

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Thanks for the info. I've looked in the whole registry but I don't have the "Desktop Solutions" folder, and the "Common" subfolder, although there are several folders called "SharpDesk" in the registry.

Here's what the Readme of my version of SD 3.2 says:
    This version of SharpDesk is intended for GDI (host-based) connection only and doesn't support the Network Scan Tool. Button Manager allows users to push scans from the imager and may be used with this GDI version of SharpDesk;
    I tried installing SD 3.31B but this time it got stuck at the "Insert CD ROM" dialog - I am sure it skipped this part previously because I had 3.31B up and running. This means that even if I found the serial, I wouldn't be able to install it, as it's asking for the CD, not the serial.

Guess what remains is to try and set up the Button Manager to help "push scans from the imager", which I have no idea how to do. I mean, I know how to assign different applications using the Button Manager, but when I select SCAN from the machine it gets stuck at the "INPUT ADDRESS" or "GLOBAL ADDRESS" part.

Technician
    Found the CDROM and now running SD 3.31C but still can't get the scanner to work.

I've created a profile, selected the scanner with its static IP and in Scanner Properties/Advanced Scanner Settings "Auto Select" is selected.

If I try scanning from the machine, I still get the same problem I described earlier:

When I switch to Scanner, "Scan Using: Input Address" appears on the display. I don't know what to type here - shouldn't it be automatically set up if I've established the connection from the NST?

I tried typing the profile name, it then let me choose paper size and started scanning. After 30 seconds or so, it returns "Network Error CE-02. Consult Key Operator."

Suggestions are welcome

PS. So, SharpDesk scanning only works when the computer is directly connected to the printer via USB, and it won't work over the network?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    As i said earlier, input adress is for scan to email...you have to put a email address in there but if you dont have scan to email configured....dont bother with this.

Same for global address... dont bother with it unless you have a ldap server or active direct. on your network and have it configured in the copier.

The profile you created is probably in the address book.

And yes sharpdesk work over a network.

Have you read the link i sent on a previous post with the user guide ?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post
    As i said earlier, input adress is for scan to email...you have to put a email address in there but if you dont have scan to email configured....dont bother with this.

Same for global address... dont bother with it unless you have a ldap server or active direct. on your network and have it configured in the copier.

The profile you created is probably in the address book.

And yes sharpdesk work over a network.

Have you read the link i sent on a previous post with the user guide ?
    Hi, yes, I read it: <quote>When you install the network scanner tool, it create a entry in your adress book and make a link between your computer and the copier so you can scan to your desktop. You need NTS installed or you will always get that error trying to scan. Adding your IP manually wont work.</quote>
    But I am not sure I understand...

I have NTS now, I have set it up according to the manual. And I can't get it to work. I even read a document explaining the possible error: http://www.kopiers.com/Downloads/CBE...ning_Fixes.pdf

But my IPs do match. And when I try to acquire from scanner using SD I get the same "the machine is not connected error".

I don't get it... sorry, pelase explain with more details

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    NST detected your copier ?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by divad2k1 View Post
    NST detected your copier ?
    Yes, it did.

The screenshot below shows the profile I've set from Sharpdesk NST (Desktop) with all options enabled, and the printer webpage showing the details of the same Desktop profile.
    Untitled.jpg

What else needs doing?
    Last edited by cheeseus; 03-26-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Technician
    SUCCESS!

Actually, it must have already been working properly when I wrote my last post. It's my fault I didn't check the available options on the scanner...

When I switch to SCAN, the INPUT ADDRESS text appears, and after it, the GLOBAL ADDRESS. I expected these to go away after everything was set up, and be replaced by the DESKTOP profile I created...

Well, it's just that this DESKTOP profile is the number 4 option, where 3 is ADDRESS SEARCH.

Is there any way to make the DESKTOP option the first one in the list?